Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter to start exclusively at DB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter to start exclusively at DB

https://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-carte...t-db-1.1117164

Cool

Comment

I'm tired of this novelty. Why can Jones get a real DB? Is Carter that good ?

Comment

I don't like it

Comment

Just throwing this wild idea out there, but Jones being g long time def coach in this league would be a pretty good judge of Carter being good enough to start at corner.

Unless of course one think Jones runs the Riders like a kids flag football team and a player gets to try a position if he just asks nicely.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Lets see what he can do

Comment

Guess that means we will get some Shaq on Thursday?

Comment

Good. He will do well.

This also gives Ivory and Wilson a little bit more time to adjust to the CFL game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
                  Guess that means we will get some Shaq on Thursday?
                  Yes

Comment

His tackling is not strong from what I saw last year. Bit of a gumby when it comes to head ons. But hey if it works. Zach shown that he can spread out the offense, so no need for him as a ‘go to’ guy with our solid receiver depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                      Just throwing this wild idea out there, but Jones being g long time def coach in this league would be a pretty good judge of Carter being good enough to start at corner.

Unless of course one think Jones runs the Riders like a kids flag football team and a player gets to try a position if he just asks nicely.
                      On your first point, how dare you bring logic into this discussion? You've been warned before! As for your second point, Duron does seem like a nice kid and probably keeps asking and asking, so Jones is probably just doing this to save his own sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Blood View Post
                        His tackling is not strong from what I saw last year. Bit of a gumby when it comes to head ons. But hey if it works. Zach shown that he can spread out the offense, so no need for him as a ‘go to’ guy with our solid receiver depth.
                        Hmm, dont seem to remember any big missed tackles. I thought he has played pretty well there. He even hammered a couple guys in Edmonton the first week.

Comment

Originally posted by RiderRookie View Post

On your first point, how dare you bring logic into this discussion? You've been warned before! As for your second point, Duron does seem like a nice kid and probably keeps asking and asking, so Jones is probably just doing this to save his own sanity.
                          Like Fred Flintstone pestering Joe Rockhead to be his 3 legged race partner at the company picnic.

Comment

I don’t like it but I have to trust Jones on this.

Comment

Most explosive receiver on your team. Why chance injuring him at CB. Doesn't make sense

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X