Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Collaros be this years Durant or is he set to make a come back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he gets his mojo back but if I'm wrong at least the team has Bridge to fall back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec28 View Post
      Last year Montreal over spent on a veteran QB that wasnt playing great football in 2016. This year did we over spend on a QB that hasnt played great football for a few years? My gut thinks Bridge will be starting before the year is over.
      Two different situations, one guy on the decline on his career, chasing more money, and the other struggled on a team that was falling apart around him, and then took a paycut to try to prove he isn't done.

I'd say the comparison to 2017 Durant and 2017 Collaros is likely a better comparison, with again the difference of the elder refusing ot take a pay cut, and instead chasing the big payday.

Montreal and Hamilton were both train wrecks to start last year.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Don't get your panties in wad there sonny. Last I checked I am allowed to make suggestions.
        Hmmmmm you seem to be the one wearing the panties there sonny boy and getting them all wadded up. Thankfully you don't make too many suggestions as they add nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
          This is the obvious $430,000 question. For what it's worth, given time and patience, if Collaros wishes to succeed, he will.
          I don't think that's how it works - lots of players want to succeed, but they need to have the talent, the coaching, the supporting cast, etc. Also with Collaros there are still questions about his health and if he is fully recovered or not, lots more to it than desire imo

Comment

Originally posted by Bioben View Post
            I find it hard to believe that any quarterback with CFL experience could play as badly as Darian last year. I was shocked by his play. Collaros wil begin the year a bit rusty and progress to a point where we all, er most of us, will be very happy we have him. That is my prediction. If I am wrong I promise to drink both a scotch and a beer on the same evening!
            So perhaps the better discussion topic at this point since popular consensus has shifted from "he'll be great" to "he'll be great.....eventually" is how many games into the season before we can expect to see 2015 MOP-caliber Zach? A couple? 3? Will Good Zach show up on the field at the same time Matt Nichols does? And how big a hill will the team have to climb by then?

Comment

Some people really want see to Collaros fail........................ I don't get it.

Comment

Many RFs feel that Collaros' problem so far this season is a combination of rust and confidence building. Hopefully this week's game takes care of both. Collaros has a lot to prove and so he will have to step up big time and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

Two different situations, one guy on the decline on his career, chasing more money, and the other struggled on a team that was falling apart around him, and then took a paycut to try to prove he isn't done.

I'd say the comparison to 2017 Durant and 2017 Collaros is likely a better comparison, with again the difference of the elder refusing ot take a pay cut, and instead chasing the big payday.

Montreal and Hamilton were both train wrecks to start last year.
                  I agree with this and would add we are talking about two different styles of QB as well. ZC is not a scrambler and wont get the rushing yardage Darian used to get. He really needs a good O line. Hes also making his resurgence at a younger age. Advantage goes to Zach in this type of comparison.
                  Moving on to 2019, Time for some off season magic!

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                    Not a fan of this thread.
                    Another person hoping Zach fails....
                    I hope Zach is this years MOP. dont think it will happen. im really just wondering where other peoples heads are at.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy58 View Post
                      Many RFs feel that Collaros' problem so far this season is a combination of rust and confidence building. Hopefully this week's game takes care of both. Collaros has a lot to prove and so he will have to step up big time and soon.
                      Totally agree. Collaros NEEDS to be good early in the season. His confidence level is not high right now but could vastly improve with a good first outing. The Rider OL needs to be a LOT better for him to have a chance to regain his confidence.

Comment

I don't see ZC playing as poorly as Durant did last season, but I don't see him being very successful either unfortunately.
                        I sure hope I'm wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                          Some people really want see to Collaros fail........................ I don't get it.
                          It blows my mind too, how many fans want to see their own QB/team fail. It was explained to me in another thread that some people hate Chris Jones so much, that they want to see the team fail, just to see him fail. I think the hate for Collaros is less about Collaros and more about Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

I don't think that's how it works - lots of players want to succeed, but they need to have the talent, the coaching, the supporting cast, etc. Also with Collaros there are still questions about his health and if he is fully recovered or not, lots more to it than desire imo
                            Consider this quote (paraphrase) from Henry Ford
                            whether you think that you can or that you cannot you are usually right.
                            Moving on to 2019, Time for some off season magic!

Comment

The fact that so many are thinking that Collaros will stink based on his play in a preseason game is a bit suspect. Collaros could take a bit of time to get into a groove with the offence but I think he does enough to help the Riders to an opening win.

Comment

For me, Collaros is one of the toughest QB's to get a read on. When he came into the league it took a while for him to convince me that he was a good player, simply because he doesn't look like a pro QB. His stubby frame, awkward mechanics, and average arm strength make him look more like a Division 2 college QB than a pro athlete. But his stat line was great from day one, and then he finally started passing the eye test for me when he dominated that first half of 2015. At that point I was fully convinced that I was wrong about him, but then he got hurt and has looked terrible ever since. I honestly have no clue what to expect from him this year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X