Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argos Riders Matchup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argos Riders Matchup

Well what are your thoughts on the game in 2 days.(2 days!!)

I picked TO to win in PICKEM, and am not happy about it. I did factor in the pre-season efforts and maybe too much, but it was what it was.

Defensively, I see their defensive front 7 presenting a challenge for our O. Question to me is will we:
    - get decisive quick decisions from the QB
    - see QB roll outs in the gameplan
    - place extra guys at the line
    - generate a running game

Others?

My concern meter is definitely up after what happened on Friday, but am I reading too much into pre-season? Before that, my only concern was it is Ricky Ray and he can be so hot in a game. I am counting on our defence to keep us in if the offence is struggling.

Comment

"Rust" not being rust, or if it is then it actually shaking off Collaros

there was not a lot of pros from his preseason game

not terribly worried about Vaughn, but it is his first game at LT, do will be telling for the season.

Harrison at OG should be fine and offers OT depth, but Bond was still better OG, so I will be interested in that.
      Last edited by Beacon.x; 06-13-2018, 07:30 AM.
      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Everything depends on how our Offensive Line plays

Comment

At the start of the season it's always difficult choosing teams for PICKEM. I think for the Riders the defense is going to have to step up big in the Toronto game until the offense has a chance to gel. The impression I get is that our starting OL can do a reasonable job of keeping the QB protected for a reasonable length of time, but we lack depth should anyone go down with injury. But we do need a QB who can make quick decisions and a balanced attack to keep Toronto's defense guessing.

I also struggle with picking any team over the Riders to win.

Comment

I picked the Argos to win. The oline and quarterbacking are crucial, like in any game, and these are question marks for me. I would love to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by D18 View Post
              At the start of the season it's always difficult choosing teams for PICKEM. I think for the Riders the defense is going to have to step up big in the Toronto game until the offense has a chance to gel. The impression I get is that our starting OL can do a reasonable job of keeping the QB protected for a reasonable length of time, but we lack depth should anyone go down with injury. But we do need a QB who can make quick decisions and a balanced attack to keep Toronto's defense guessing.

I also struggle with picking any team over the Riders to win.
              If you pick against the Riders and Riders win, you are happy. If you pick against the Riders and the Riders lose, you get a point!

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                My concern meter is definitely up after what happened on Friday, but am I reading too much into pre-season? Before that, my only concern was it is Ricky Ray and he can be so hot in a game. I am counting on our defence to keep us in if the offence is struggling.
                Well, one this to note is that Toronto didn't play almost any starters at all in the pre-season, so Ray is coming in without anything but camp reps to start.

I will re-iterate that Collaros didn't look at all bad to come in for Q1 on Friday. He ended with only 40% accuracy, but against a stout CGY starting D and had some pretty key drops by his receivers (some of which aren't with the team anymore) and a few big defensive knockdowns. He looked a hell of alot better then BLM in Q1.

When he came back in our O line was so bad that Jones didn't even want to put Bridge out there for fear of hurting him without knowing the extent of Collaros' status after the big hit.

I think once we have our starting line in full time, with an established run game, and less dropsies with should be good.

Comment

I also picked Toronto and based that pick on the pre-season showing of our 1s vs Calgary's 1s, and 2s. Our D looks like it will be a force this year so not many concerns there, but teams need to score points too and there's not a lot of cause for optimism on that front. If what we saw out of Collaros was really just rust and not further evidence that his confidence is irreversibly shot then we'll have a good chance against the Argos and any other team in this league. That feels like a big if though at this point.

Comment

I picked a fan in a row up in the eastern section of Mosaic to get pinned. WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
                      I picked a fan in a row up in the eastern section of Mosaic to get pinned. WIN!
                      Is she at least cute?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                        Well what are your thoughts on the game in 2 days.(2 days!!)

I picked TO to win in PICKEM, and am not happy about it. I did factor in the pre-season efforts and maybe too much, but it was what it was.

Defensively, I see their defensive front 7 presenting a challenge for our O. Question to me is will we:
                        - get decisive quick decisions from the QB
                        - see QB roll outs in the gameplan
                        - place extra guys at the line
                        - generate a running game

Others?
                        If the riders expect to contend in the west this is a must win game as are all home games .............. A win means ZC is probably looking ok but a loss means there are issues and next game is on the road to an pretty good Ottawa team to start 0 - 2 would be disastrous

Comment

Iím the same as most here. The Def is going to have to pressure RR and stuff Wilder so that they donít get away too early. Iím interested to see if we can get a running game and a short passing game going.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Is she at least cute?
                            If I'm pinned to, it don't matter! WIN WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

If the riders expect to contend in the west this is a must win game as are all home games .............. A win means ZC is probably looking ok but a loss means there are issues and next game is on the road to an pretty good Ottawa team to start 0 - 2 would be disastrous
                              Much trepidation on this first game... some things never change...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X