Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taman's Take: Elite teams require elite quarterbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by mikejth View Post

    There a couple of other points, the only person that has ever said bringing in Bishop was Miller's idea and request was Tillman. We all know how Tillman liked to include others in decisions he made (like trading Armstead and saying Austin was privy to the conversation). IMO, ET paniced in 2008, his projected starter Crandell got injured early and then demonstrated he couldn't run the offence he had been praised by both Tillman and Austin as being as good as Joseph. Injuries to both Jyles and Durant hurt the team more then the injury to Crandell. Durant demonstrated he was learning even under pressure. I doubt the decision to start Bishop was done in isolation, but it did rest with Miller, it was the one or two mistakes in his time with the riders that I believe he truly regrets. The other was the 2011 team that didn't fair well.

    Oh forgot what was the amount we traded Joseph over oh, yeah $25K.

    But as for Taman's comment about elite qb's yes his list is accurate. Some can argue that Willey was brought in to replace Ray....frankly that is planning for the future and which qb survived the elite one. Some can argue what happened in 2016 with Ottawa was Burris being moved out, sure he was, but an elite qb overcomes diversity and succeeds. The game he had in the cup showed he still had it, he ripped through the best defence in the league passing for 461 yards and putting up over 500 yards total offense.

    People will blame him for everything that happened after 2013, which I agree he holds a big chunk of the responsibility. The question that has never been answered is the politics and games that were taking place behind the scenes in 2015. Did Taman really want CC gone after game 4, was he stopped, was it a ploy, or was he stopped and became his own casualty by a President that wanted everything from Hoppy days gone.
    gee Miller was brought to Toronto to be Qb coach for Bishop He coached all over for Tor after that but Lapo also worked with Bishop in Toronto - ET had never been around Bishop - so your story makes no sense at all

    25 K are you nuts? you are not even close!! But I get it you know the offer and the ask better than ET did cuz - well you are you - ET was only the GM so how the hell should he know the correct numbers that only you are privy to

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post
      I wonder if the domain ETfans.com is taken?
      one wonders why people are lining up to complain about a qb on a 12-6 team who was given as an example of a bad QB who won a Grey Cup

      when they could actually be talking about great QBs or what makes a great Qb - but I'm not about to let them write fantasy about the situation so guess your're stuck

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

        As dire as the circumstances were I laughed at his interview when after getting fired he saw Cory Chamblin approaching and said "you're next". If he pulls out any sort of napkin or winnibego joke in an upcoming article....I would laugh so hard and major respect.
        Add in a towel snapping and deskfort and he for sure reads here.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Rotor View Post

          one wonders why people are lining up to complain about a qb on a 12-6 team who was given as an example of a bad QB who won a Grey Cup

          when they could actually be talking about great QBs or what makes a great Qb - but I'm not about to let them write fantasy about the situation so guess your're stuck
          Your untiring defense of all things Tillman is admirable, in a weird way. It's certainly an impressive level of devotion.

          Comment


          • #95
            I see mike did not want to be left out of the fantasy writer's convention.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post
              I see mike did not want to be left out of the fantasy writer's convention.
              Mike can't let go of his Tillman agenda.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                Mike can't let go of Tillman's aneconda.
                qft

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

                  Your untiring defense of all things Tillman is admirable, in a weird way. It's certainly an impressive level of devotion.
                  You got him hoppin' tonight. Man he's busy. Amazing what a couple of emails from a real life GM will do to a guy.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                    gee Miller was brought to Toronto to be Qb coach for Bishop He coached all over for Tor after that but Lapo also worked with Bishop in Toronto - ET had never been around Bishop - so your story makes no sense at all

                    25 K are you nuts? you are not even close!! But I get it you know the offer and the ask better than ET did cuz - well you are you - ET was only the GM so how the hell should he know the correct numbers that only you are privy to
                    Not sure why my text didn't come through.

                    But in terms of Joseph's contract, Tillman has commented on what was offered to Kerry Joseph many times. Joseph was under contract for $275K for 2008, with a commitment from Tillman to look at it again in 2008. By Tillman's own words in the CFL Forum, he consulted with Austin before he left, and Austin recommended they should offer him another $25K. That brings it up to $300K, he signed in TO for $325K. So while you may not want to accept information that has been in the public domain for a while.

                    As for your comment about Miller / Lapolice relationship to Bishop has to do with Tillman going out and getting a veteran qb. Tillman made decisions all the time and then tried to include Austin in them, don't you recall the Armstead incident where he implied Austin knew about the conversation, and Austin indicate he didn't know about it and didn't want player in the locker room who wasn't happy. As for the comment about it making no sense because ET had never been around Bishop, Tillman was and is still good at finding talent. At the time in 2008, Toronto was the only team willing to give a veteran qb. The riders didn't have much of a choice, when they went looking. Did Tillman do it in isolation, no he didn't, but by the same token, I doubt Miller and Lapolice would have made Bishop their first choice.
                    Last edited by mikejth; 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by squish View Post

                      You got him hoppin' tonight. Man he's busy. Amazing what a couple of emails from a real life GM will do to a guy.
                      ???? hope you are not foolish enough to think you are describing me - 2 or three posts is not exactly hoppin around here - and I'm not sure what you are mumbling about a couple emails - perhaps you meant Mike and merely quoted Tiger who was speaking to me -

                      but lets get back to talking about elite QBs Warren Moon anyone? almost 4000 yards (3960) and then two 5000 yard seasons in an era when nobody was close to that


                      or has this thread morphed into talking about elite Rider Teams? 12-6 riddled with injuries at the qb position was the 2008 Rider team with a healthy Durant better than the 2013 Rider Team? Why? Why not?

                      Comment


                      • I prefer to talk about Taman and go_riders theory of where he got his suits

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                          I prefer to talk about Taman and go_riders theory of where he got his suits
                          Screw the writing, I want Taman to dress up in a highly stretchy bat suit and fight crime on the dark streets of Regina.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

                            Screw the writing, I want Taman to dress up in a highly stretchy bat suit and fight crime on the dark streets of Regina.
                            Riding the Bat Winnibago mobile.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

                              Riding the Bat Winnibago mobile.
                              The Napkined Crusader.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                                The Napkined Crusader.
                                Now that is funny stuff.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X