Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our O-Line better or worse then last season ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our O-Line better or worse then last season ?

Going into week 1 with this O-Line are we better or worse? Do we have good depth on the line? Do we have to bring back Campbell? Imo these questions shouldnít be unanswered this close to the start of the season. Losing Bond isnít a good thing .
    Last edited by Unityriderguy; 06-10-2018, 12:27 PM.

Will find out Friday night.

What concerns me is the drafting and free agency signing of Olineman not translating on to the active roster.

Comment

Vaugn vs Campbell? hard to say

Harrison vs Dyakowsky - easily and upgrade

Comment

I wouldnít be surprised to see consistency issues for a couple games

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
          Going into week 1 with this O-Line are we better or worse? Do we have good depth on the line? Do we have to bring back Campbell? Imo these questions shouldnít be unanswered this close to the start of the season. Losing Bond isnít a good thing .
          Have to think our line should be better with 3 imports vs 2 imports. If not, what would be the point.

I think Bond vs Harrison came down to one guy playing three positions and the other guy really only playing one spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
            Will find out Friday night.

What concerns me is the drafting and free agency signing of Olineman not translating on to the active roster.
            yup your right ,Bond is the second oline free agent signing by Jones that turned into a bust, plus jsj

Comment

Way too early to make an honest assessment on the Oline or any position to be honest. In my opinion judging by the preseason games is not fair because of all the shuffling in and out of starters, and those trying to make the team. Now if we go 0-4 and our qb's are getting hammered out there then it's a pretty easy call, but perhaps we go 4-0 and our qb's are lighting it up then I guess we will have a pretty good feeling about how our Oline played.

All teams are equal in the standings as it sits right now now it is up to our players to step up and get the job done and if they do very few will have much to debate about. Time will tell which way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmythegreek View Post
                Way too early to make an honest assessment on the Oline or any position to be honest. In my opinion judging by the preseason games is not fair because of all the shuffling in and out of starters, and those trying to make the team. Now if we go 0-4 and our qb's are getting hammered out there then it's a pretty easy call, but perhaps we go 4-0 and our qb's are lighting it up then I guess we will have a pretty good feeling about how our Oline played.

All teams are equal in the standings as it sits right now now it is up to our players to step up and get the job done and if they do very few will have much to debate about. Time will tell which way it goes.
                thanks for coming out and sitting on the fence - of course no one can know until we play the games all 18 of them plus playoffs

same can be said in almost every topic - the fun is in making the analysis and prediction -

Comment

Iím trying not to put too much stock in the preseason but Iíd be lying if I said I wasnít concerned about our OL.

IMO our key to success this year is Collaros playing up to his level of a couple years ago. In order to do that he needs to stay upright.

I think our running back situation will be fine, despite a rookie starting at corner I think the secondary will do fine, our receivers are great and our defensive line should cause havoc. Iím sure every team in the league has an area of concern, for me as a Rider fan, itís definitely the OL.

Fingers crossed and Friday should be a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

thanks for coming out and sitting on the fence - of course no one can know until we play the games all 18 of them plus playoffs

same can be said in almost every topic - the fun is in making the analysis and prediction -
                    So what am I suppose to base my assessment on, the way things went in 2 preseason games? If that is the case then I guess we might as well throw in the towel and concede we will be last in the West because we didn't look good in either game really on offense. I would rather wait and see what happens in the first few games before stating whether the Oline or any position is better or worse then last year. I know my answer seemed pretty bland but I don't have or seen enough of their play to state how they compare to last year. I will wait and see how they play for the first few games and then perhaps be able to make a judgement. Some may want to say they are better or worse but I just don't know how they are coming to that conclusion since they haven't seen a full game with all our starters. Personally I make judgements on results not on "intuition" or a "gut feeling" but hey that is only me so those that want to debate about it can go right ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmythegreek View Post

So what am I suppose to base my assessment on, the way things went in 2 preseason games? If that is the case then I guess we might as well throw in the towel and concede we will be last in the West because we didn't look good in either game really on offense. I would rather wait and see what happens in the first few games before stating whether the Oline or any position is better or worse then last year. I know my answer seemed pretty bland but I don't have or seen enough of their play to state how they compare to last year. I will wait and see how they play for the first few games and then perhaps be able to make a judgement. Some may want to say they are better or worse but I just don't know how they are coming to that conclusion since they haven't seen a full game with all our starters. Personally I make judgements on results not on "intuition" or a "gut feeling" but hey that is only me so those that want to debate about it can go right ahead.
                      hey if that is what you feel - that is what you should say - its speculation before the season starts - speculate

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                        Iím trying not to put too much stock in the preseason but Iíd be lying if I said I wasnít concerned about our OL.

IMO our key to success this year is Collaros playing up to his level of a couple years ago. In order to do that he needs to stay upright.

I think our running back situation will be fine, despite a rookie starting at corner I think the secondary will do fine, our receivers are great and our defensive line should cause havoc. Iím sure every team in the league has an area of concern, for me as a Rider fan, itís definitely the OL.

Fingers crossed and Friday should be a good test.
                        the only question here is are we better or will we be worse on the OL

concerns are just that are they balanced by hopes? better or worse? we made 2 changes on the OL - how do you feel about who is playing vs who is not? why?

Comment

Well too me no Dyakowski, Campbell, now Bond thatís a step back in my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                            Well too me no Dyakowski, Campbell, now Bond thatís a step back in my eyes
                            Dyakowski is an opinion and you are entitled to it but I felt he was SLOW and wore down as the season went along - love having fresh legs

how does cutting Bond a guy who was not on our team last year make our OL worse? I can see if you think Campbel is better than Vaughn but then you seem to like names you know

coaches seem to think having Vaughn meant there was no need to bring in Campbell - I tend to trust them until they prove they made a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

Dyakowski is an opinion and you are entitled to it but I felt he was SLOW and wore down as the season went along - love having fresh legs

how does cutting Bond a guy who was not on our team last year make our OL worse? I can see if you think Campbel is better than Vaughn but then you seem to like names you know

coaches seem to think having Vaughn meant there was no need to bring in Campbell - I tend to trust them until they prove they made a mistake
                              Iím just saying Bond imo made us better this year , true he wasnít with us last season , but thatís what I meant about Bond

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X