Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roughrider Transactions June 9th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughrider Transactions June 9th

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:

MOVED TO SIX-GAME INJURED:

ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:

RELEASED:
    Last edited by Giventofly; 06-10-2018, 07:35 AM.

I wondered if Bakari Grant might be expendable with the way a couple of the newer (cheaper) receivers had performed through camp.

Comment

I'll post the full list in the 1st post when available,

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
        I wondered if Bakari Grant might be expendable with the way a couple of the newer (cheaper) receivers had performed through camp.
        For sure. All part of the business.

Comment

Anyone have those 2 on the surprise cut list? For imports that means Holley starts and a couple of the new guys are backup

Comment

Tough day for the emotions. I won't argue with the decisions. Just sad to see Sixer go,
            In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

People are going to be upset but we are at point when vets become expendable because of the play of new guys

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                Anyone have those 2 on the surprise cut list? For imports that means Holley starts and a couple of the new guys are backup
                Doesn't mean Holley starts. Could be JWL. JWL excelled outside and a week into camp it seemed obvious he was going to find a home. They then moved him inside to Grant's spot. I figured that meant that they were going to groom him for next season, but maybe they feel he is ready now.
                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                  I'll post the full list in the 1st post when available,
                  As always, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                    Bagg just because of the NI Rec shortage, but I could see Grant being moved if other stepped up. Liked both players

Comment

Man Grant and Baggs that is a tough pill to swallow. Yeah it's part of the business but it still sucks.

Comment

It's seems really weird cutting a 1000 yard receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                          People are going to be upset but we are at point when vets become expendable because of the play of new guys
                          Everyone knew we were deep at receiver. Stronson used “embarrassment of riches” to describe them half way through camp. A vet cut that makes a decent salary shouldn’t be a surprise. I like Bakari but he’s no DC or Rosy, he was really a good third / fourth option who performed very well last year but not irreplaceable. Was probably making around $100k too

Comment

I can see Grant getting cut; JWL and others seem to be moving up. Bagg is a surprise as I am thinking we need to start a Can receiver and I thought he would be that guy and mentor the young guys. Plus we don’t have a lot of Can depth at that spot.

Comment

Bagg will not be gone, cant read between the lines yet I dont think

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X