Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign Hamilton cut Storm Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DanoT View Post

    Bringing in 3 guys during the last week or so of TC in order to find the 3rd string RB does sound like some of those ex NFL RBs are ex for a reason and may be unnecessarily taking up TC roster spots. Turning over every stone in order to find a 2nd or 3rd stringer and then quickly going on to the next stone???????
    I think there's enough confidence in this football management that if they needed those TC spots for another position, the "extra" RBs would be moved along.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Rotor View Post
      RB

      per 3downnation http://3downnation.com/2018/06/06/ri...storm-johnson/

      I was surprised Hamilton cut him at this point - 25 no baggage that I am aware of -
      But I thought there was no chance of a player getting picked up when cut at this point in TC ?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

        But I thought there was no chance of a player getting picked up when cut at this point in TC ?
        Lol. Damn you beat me to it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DanoT View Post

          Bringing in 3 guys during the last week or so of TC in order to find the 3rd string RB does sound like some of those ex NFL RBs are ex for a reason and may be unnecessarily taking up TC roster spots. Turning over every stone in order to find a 2nd or 3rd stringer and then quickly going on to the next stone???????
          Literally the stupidest comment on here. There is potential to find a 1st stringer and you just assume these guys are 3rd stringers. Some of these guys could possibly be better than our current backs. So you're saying we shouldn't keep trying to better ourself at every position because its a waste of a TC spot.

          Ridiculous.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DanoT View Post

            Bringing in 3 guys during the last week or so of TC in order to find the 3rd string RB does sound like some of those ex NFL RBs are ex for a reason and may be unnecessarily taking up TC roster spots. Turning over every stone in order to find a 2nd or 3rd stringer and then quickly going on to the next stone???????
            and what is wrong with that? We have a situation with our #1 and #2 RB that we like - would you rather settle for a #3 RB who is adequate? Or continue to look for a #3 RB capable of displacing our current #1?

            Comment


            • #21
              Jones likes pure athletes, I think he would sign anyone at any position if he thought they had above average athletic ability. I don't think we should read too much into the fact it's a RB. He was available, we signed him, end of story (as far as the beginning of the story goes, anyway).

              It also means we are scouting every pre-season game, which I like.

              Comment


              • #22
                Nothing wrong with finding a RB that best fits into our system. Injuries can hinder game plans in a big hurry like we saw last year.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                  He was a surprise cut of the Ticats. Kid has talent.
                  Love our battle at RB.
                  Itís fun to watch it play out. Reminding me of 2012 when we unearthed what turned out to be an incredible star in Kory Sheets!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by raptor96awd View Post
                    Nothing wrong with finding a RB that best fits into our system. Injuries can hinder game plans in a big hurry like we saw last year.
                    Better to be auditioning now than airlifting in during the year because we donít have the ďrightĒ guy. Another kid to compete and watch on Friday, I like it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                      and what is wrong with that? We have a situation with our #1 and #2 RB that we like - would you rather settle for a #3 RB who is adequate? Or continue to look for a #3 RB capable of displacing our current #1?
                      When you keep bringing in one guy after another how much oppourtunity is there for each new guy to show his stuff before Jones moves on to the next guy?
                      Lionbacker

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I have no problem bringing guys in to take a look at them. Jones and Murphy have pretty good reputations for judging talent. Competition is great and knowing guys you could bring in later if injuries hit is also a good thing. I like both Messam and Thigpen. Having depth is also a great thing.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DanoT View Post

                          When you keep bringing in one guy after another how much oppourtunity is there for each new guy to show his stuff before Jones moves on to the next guy?
                          how much opportunity does he need? I am sure Jones brings them in and evaluates them as long as he feels is necessary - until a great one slips through our evaluation process I think you are just complaining that Jones does not do it your way - and why should he?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DanoT View Post

                            When you keep bringing in one guy after another how much oppourtunity is there for each new guy to show his stuff before Jones moves on to the next guy?
                            And how often are these released players showing up as backs with other CFL teams? Seems that Jones and crew see them enough to make their assessment.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

                              But I thought there was no chance of a player getting picked up when cut at this point in TC ?
                              I said no chance of Grant getting picked up because there are other receivers on our roster better than him that will still be cut

                              who are the RBs left on the Hamilton roster who are yet to be released?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I donít like what we have after thigpen. Keep looking

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X