Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duron Carter charged with possession of marijuana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Missed in all that is Taylor saying Tommie Campbell will sign with the Riders. Is that some kind of joke I am missing?
    I think he just saying something random

Comment

Missed in all that is Taylor saying Tommie Campbell will sign with the Riders. Is that some kind of joke I am missing?
      He's hoping he signs with us so he can see him and Gainey on the boundary together. Hope it happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

He's hoping he signs with us so he can see him and Gainey on the boundary together. Hope it happens
        Wanted Purifoy or Campbell added to our D. Purifoy signed with OTT.

We need Campbell. Jones make it happen.
        Last edited by RAJ47; 02-13-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Duron and Derek Taylor getting into it a little on twitter...lol
          It was a pretty funny brouhaha, thanks for the heads up. I give Taylor the win with the “let’s meet at the Saskatoon airport for a coffee to talk it over”. Got to love DC taking him on though, about the faking injuries remark.

Comment

I took it as a sly poke on a new source for Carter
            Never fear failure. Fear average. Fear safe. Fear normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

I took it as a sly poke on a new source for Carter
              Why would he bring Gainey into it then? Doesn't make sense to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

Why would he bring Gainey into it then? Doesn't make sense to me
                Because they both play the boundary and he's been talking about the best boundary combo during the day.

Comment

Because they both play the boundary and he's been talking about the best boundary combo during the day.
                  Right. I was saying it wasn't a dig about Campbell and weed

Comment

• http://3downnation.com/2018/02/14/ri...ew-deal-jones/

Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Chris Jones says he was not aware of Duron Carter’s November arrest for marijuana possession when the receiver signed a contract extension on Jan. 22.

Jones spoke to the media on Wednesday to talk about the team’s free agent acquisitions but talk inevitably turned to Carter, who is facing two separate marijuana possessions charges, both stemming from incidents in Western Canadian airports. He was caught with more than 30 grams of marijuana at Winnipeg International Airport on Nov. 25, 2017 then arrested again on Feb. 1 at the Saskatoon airport and charged with marijuana possession a second time.

In between, the Riders inked Carter to a one-year deal for 2018 that included a $70,000 signing bonus and could see him earn up to $175,000 in 2018. The deal includes $144,000 in “hard money,” $74,000 in base salary and $31,000 in playtime bonuses, per 3DownNation insider Justin Dunk.

Jones said he wasn’t aware of the charge Carter was facing when they agreed to the new deal.

“I was not aware,” Jones said. “At that time, he just had the one and he didn’t fill me in on it and I’d rather meet with him face-to-face where I can sit down with him and get his take on it. He and I have had one conversation about it, that’s when he was around in Saskatoon, and he and I are going to sit down in the next little bit and discuss what’s going on and hopefully put these things behind us and grow up a little bit.”

Under the current Criminal Code for a first offence involving possession of 30 grams of marijuana could lead to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail and while personal marijuana use is slated to become legal in Canada this summer, possession of more than 30 grams will still be against the law.

Jones says the team has investigated the possible legal ramifications for Carter but are optimistic he’ll be able to play this season.

“We’ll wait to see what the legal process goes through and what the authorities say and then we’ll have more of a comment on exactly what happens with Duron,” Jones said. “We’ve had our people look at it and it appears that it will just be a fine but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Jones visited with Carter in Florida before the new deal was signed and clearly felt that Carter was showing signs of increased maturity.

“It’s kind of like when a family member or close friend gets in a situation like that,” Jones said. “I was really disappointed, I thought we were a bit beyond that kind of thing,”

Carter will appear in Winnipeg court Feb. 15 and Saskatoon March 27.

Comment

With the Murphy connection (recruited Campbell to CGY) I have no doubt we were in on Campbell. I think ultimately Campbell wanted the biggest payday though and I'm not shocked it came from the Als as they needed a lot of upgrades and had shed some salary prior to FA.

His loss. I guess he'll be paid well to lose a lot of football games.

Comment

• Comment

• So, today was Duron's court date in Wpg.
                          Anybody hear the result?

Comment

• Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                            So, today was Duron's court date in Wpg.
                            Anybody hear the result?
                            Missed his appearance time as he was detained at the Winnipeg airport for possession of 29 grams of weed

Comment

• Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                              So, today was Duron's court date in Wpg.
                              Anybody hear the result?
                              he's postin picks of a car he likes, so I am assuming he is not sweating anything

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

Missed his appearance time as he was detained at the Winnipeg airport for possession of 29 grams of weed
                                LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X