Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Bighill Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

I believe he mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. I have assumed it would be at times that there are 2 Canadian LBs in or a 4 DL front with Evans and likely Steele.
    I thought he said Safety was one of the 3 non import positions on defence.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I could be mistaken, but I believe I heard the same as Mike at some point. Often could be 10 or 15% of the time, so like 6-10 snaps per game.
      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Thatís what Jones said on the season preview conference call

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

DD has already got $70k of his $150k. So, that is a potential $80k to play with, and they likely need at least one more camp arm or backup QB who likely has incentives for playing time. I can't see Winnipeg making a play.
          I seem to recall the $200k figure being bandied about at the time we signed him, but no mention of the bonus at the time. $130k is still pretty decent coin left over to package up to make a push for a significant player, especially when you factor in our QB2-4 should be pretty close to minimum. Plus I have to imagine some of the money we put on the table for Westerman wasn't totally spent the moment he signed on with the Als. I don't think the bombers have a crap ton of sms room but I also think we have enough to make a solid play. But as alluded to, I think think Bighill's heart lies in vancouver

Comment

Should be with Edem or MOB.

Comment

Originally posted by taynted_fayth View Post

I seem to recall the $200k figure being bandied about at the time we signed him, but no mention of the bonus at the time. $130k is still pretty decent coin left over to package up to make a push for a significant player, especially when you factor in our QB2-4 should be pretty close to minimum. Plus I have to imagine some of the money we put on the table for Westerman wasn't totally spent the moment he signed on with the Als. I don't think the bombers have a crap ton of sms room but I also think we have enough to make a solid play. But as alluded to, I think think Bighill's heart lies in vancouver
              Out of the 130 left from DD, at least 50-60 pays the guys replacing him on roster. So if your numbers are right, 70-80 remains

Comment

Originally posted by rockford35 View Post
                Yeah I was wondering if I spelled it correctly or not. Still sounds similar no matter how I spelled it.

Comment

DD has already got $70k of his $150k. So, that is a potential $80k to play with, and they likely need at least one more camp arm or backup QB who likely has incentives for playing time. I can't see Winnipeg making a play.
                  Two reporters out of Winnipeg had reported that Durant's contract was for 200k + incentives for starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post

Out of the 130 left from DD, at least 50-60 pays the guys replacing him on roster. So if your numbers are right, 70-80 remains
                    You forgot to subtract the amount of the guy Bighill would be replacing. Let's say Ian Wild's 85k per. That puts us at the ability to pay around 160 for Bighill without cutting any other corners. We offered 175k to Muamba just a few weeks ago.
                    Last edited by IMWT; 05-16-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post

Two reporters out of Winnipeg had reported that Durant's contract was for 200k + incentives for starts.
                      Could be. I heard $150k, but not from someone who would know for sure. I would ask my insider at the Stamps, but he isn't talking to me right now. I guess I hurt his feelers.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post

You forgot to subtract the amount of the guy Bighill would be replacing. Let's say Ian Wild's 85k per. That puts us at the ability to pay around 160 for Bighill without cutting any other corners. We offered 175k to Muamba just a few weeks ago.
                        good point

Comment

Could be. I heard $150k, but not from someone who would know for sure. I would ask my insider at the Stamps, but he isn't talking to me right now. I guess I hurt his feelers.
                          You touch his feelers too hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

You touch his feelers too hard?
                            Yeah. He was getting uppity last fall about the "quality" and "wholesomeness" of the Calgary team, and they would never employ a player that had a questionable background. I called BS and said every team has questionable players. He said if I could find one that had issues, then he would work with Huff to get them dropped from the roster. I told him he was full of ****.

I mentioned Tony Washington (incest with sister), but isn't with the team anymore. But his questionable background was known before he was ever signed with the team. Got crickets as a response on how he got onto the team the first place.

I just recently texted about Finch, and got crickets as well. Suspending / Retiring is not the same as the team still holds his rights.

I also had waaaaaaay too much fun with the GC flop, and may have gone too far. Opps. #RegretNothing

Comment

Yeah. He was getting uppity last fall about the "quality" and "wholesomeness" of the Calgary team, and they would never employ a player that had a questionable background. I called BS and said every team has questionable players. He said if I could find one that had issues, then he would work with Huff to get them dropped from the roster. I told him he was full of ****.

I mentioned Tony Washington (incest with sister), but isn't with the team anymore. But his questionable background was known before he was ever signed with the team. Got crickets as a response on how he got onto the team the first place.

I just recently texted about Finch, and got crickets as well. Suspending / Retiring is not the same as the team still holds his rights.

I also had waaaaaaay too much fun with the GC flop, and may have gone too far. Opps. #RegretNothing
                              You forgot Tommie "Bagman" Campbell, although he has since moved on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

You forgot Tommie "Bagman" Campbell, although he has since moved on as well.
                                I forgot about him. But, I think I made my point. He's full of it, and mad because I'm right. The guy is such as Stamps' homer he makes Pederson look normal, and his blindness to his team doesn't help being objective about things. I think once Huff is gone, he might be gone as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X