Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which National Receiver are you most excited about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyLeach View Post
    I don't think Demski will sign here so I'm going off the board and saying whichever reciever we pickup in the draft, hopefully Rashaun Simonise
    I believe Anthony Parker is FA in Calgary.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Iím most excited about Anthony Auclair.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtracrazy View Post
        Iím most excited about Anthony Auclair.
        Did he get in any games with the Saints this year?
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post
          Devon Bailey , I was impressed as heck by this guy, he only played a couple meaningful games after Demski went down, and before he himself got hurt, but this guy has all the makings for a great receiver. He is tall, built and that TD he caught when he landed on his head was AMAZING. If someone can find a replay of that I'd love to re-watch that catch over and over.
          https://www.cfl.ca/2017/09/24/stamps...-9-win-riders/

5:27 in, but got to 5:10 so you see the Bagg catch right before it as well.
          Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Jonathan Hefney fundraiser https://www.gofundme.com/4ik88e0

Comment

I said Stanford, but yeah, Bailey may have been a better choice.

The progress Stanford made from rookie camp to 2017 camp was stunning. He was a beast in camp and one of the more exciting to watch. I thought he showed well enough in action as well. I truly do feel that he has the potential to be a force in the CFL. I was obviously disappointed when he was cut, but very happy when he got another look when bodies were down and out.

Also, Awachie was playing as a FB was he not?
            Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Jonathan Hefney fundraiser https://www.gofundme.com/4ik88e0

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Did he get in any games with the Saints this year?
              You mean with the Bucs? - he had one catch in a game mid to late season; not sure about how much he played on the season.

Like to see what Picton can do - athletic and good production in college ball. And Bailey or Stanford might be real deals as well ?

Bombers going to go after Demski? - they don't have much in terms of NI receivers; but i guess they could try via the draft (a few good receiver prospects in a big O-line crop draft board?). Don't think the Riders need to look at receiver this draft with the guys listed on this thread around (Demski or not) - especially if there is going to be one only National receiver to get playing time in the 5 pack - vet Bagg, with Bailey/Stanford & Picton as back-ups (plus Radford around as ST gunner / emergency receiver) = plenty there.

Comment

Nic Demksi, although I think we need to be careful about not overpaying for him. Bailey and Stanford looked okay last year.

Comment

I want Demski to sign here and am most excited about him. If that doesn't happen, my next answer is Picton

Comment

It is nice that we're not completely screwed if Demski doesn't sign here, so we don't need to break the bank for him. It'd be nice to have him back though.

Comment

IMO Demski is a priority but I would be careful to not break the bank, I am also doubtful of his return as I think that signing would have already happened. Picton intrigues me a lot but he is very green and would need a lot of work so my expectations of him for the upcoming season is low.

If Parker is an FA I would take a look at him if Demski does in fact leave.

Bagg will be solid as always.

Comment

Demski is the only one with actual talent. The guy has scored td's when it seemed he would get stuffed. He is not consistent enough, but is still young. I wouldn't go overboard to sign him but would like to see him back. Bagg is a solid leader and is still very dependable out there. Bagg is hands down our best non- import receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                          I said Stanford, but yeah, Bailey may have been a better choice.

The progress Stanford made from rookie camp to 2017 camp was stunning. He was a beast in camp and one of the more exciting to watch. I thought he showed well enough in action as well. I truly do feel that he has the potential to be a force in the CFL. I was obviously disappointed when he was cut, but very happy when he got another look when bodies were down and out.

Also, Awachie was playing as a FB was he not?
                          I like the speed Stanford has. Could be a real good one if he can pick up some of Bagg's characteristics. Bailey and Demski are my next two picks. Bailey for the potential I saw and Demski's FA run takes his shine off a bit, but he's shown some really good flashes.

Picton seems highly touted, but i'll reserve judgement until I see the kid play with the lights on.

Comment

I picked Picton because I think he has huge upside and he is new...

Comment

Rod Pedersen believes that Nic Demski will sign with the Riders, and I hope he is right. Last season looked like his break out year until he was injured. You never want to lose young Nationals that you drafted and have been developing. He will draw a lot of interest around the CFL if he reaches free agency. Even if the Riders do sign Demski, IMO, an upgrade at National receiver would still need to occur. As much as I admire Rob Bagg, he is getting close to the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
                                Rod Pedersen believes that Nic Demski will sign with the Riders, and I hope he is right. Last season looked like his break out year until he was injured. You never want to lose young Nationals that you drafted and have been developing. He will draw a lot of interest around the CFL if he reaches free agency. Even if the Riders do sign Demski, IMO, an upgrade at National receiver would still need to occur. As much as I admire Rob Bagg, he is getting close to the end of his career.
                                I think Bagg has at least one more year in him and if we re-sign Demski, we'll be fine. I have confidence that Bailey and/or Picton can develop into what we need.

Of course, we always need to be looking for upgrades.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X