The Gong Show that is the Montreal Alouettes #trustkavis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I cannot fathom what Wetenall Jr is thinking at this point. Now he still has a month or so to come to his senses and realize the problem, but once fans leave, it's hard to get them back.
    Wetenhall doesn't seem like a very smart man and seems to get influenced or manipulated a lot. He is running that franchise into the ground now by his questionable (ie. dumb) decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
      The CFL is headed for big trouble again with big issues in Montreal, BC and Toronto. Montreal and BC could be fixed if they got smart and hired some good people. Not sure about Toronto...
      http://www.rodpedersen.com/2017/10/1...r-capital.html

ARGO ATTENDANCE: We are loathe to discuss the pathetic crowds for Toronto Argonauts home games because it's become a cliche, yet people still bring it up. They announced 15,102 for last Saturday's Riders-Argos game at BMO Field but that was clearly an inflated number. What more can the Argos do? They have stable ownership, a fantastic stadium, a strong Coach/GM combo and a first-place team. And still, crickets. It's their problem - not ours - but Toronto sports fans say the team needs to be marketed far better. TSN's Dan O'Toole yelled over the P.A. system at Saturday's game, "How is this game not soldout?" But again, crickets. I refuse to believe it's hopeless.

By the way the Riders did their part. The team purchased 75 extra tickets for players' families at the Toronto game and Chris Jones personally bought 35 tickets and donated them to Toronto inner city youth so they could witness CFL football for the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

One thought on this is striking while there is still lots of emotion during the divorce proceedings. Who knows, a few days before free agency and maybe the Riders and Durant kiss and make up and then the Als plans go all to pooop. I think most figured that DD would get injured but play at a decent level, not stay healthy, play like crap and develop dippy doodleitis.

There was zero chance of this happening. At that point, it's not a stretch to say Chris Jones trusted Darian Durant to lead his team about as far as he could throw him.

Comment

Originally posted by carmen16 View Post

That's how fans talk, not how GMs should talk. A lot of fans would never cut the franchise guys.

Reed needs to bring in a head coach. Or will be just step back and promote Cavillo bc he's convenient and the fans like him.
          I hope (for the good of the league) the Als find a "good will ambassador" role for Cavillo like Pinball had in Toronto and Lancaster had in Hamilton. Montreal needs to clean house and they are at a point where Barker, Higgins, and Taman would be massive upgrades on the GM side of things. It's too bad, because I like Kavis and want him to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

ARGO ATTENDANCE: We are loathe to discuss the pathetic crowds for Toronto Argonauts home games because it's become a cliche, yet people still bring it up. They announced 15,102 for last Saturday's Riders-Argos game at BMO Field but that was clearly an inflated number. What more can the Argos do? They have stable ownership, a fantastic stadium, a strong Coach/GM combo and a first-place team. And still, crickets. It's their problem - not ours - but Toronto sports fans say the team needs to be marketed far better. TSN's Dan O'Toole yelled over the P.A. system at Saturday's game, "How is this game not soldout?" But again, crickets. I refuse to believe it's hopeless.

By the way the Riders did their part. The team purchased 75 extra tickets for players' families at the Toronto game and Chris Jones personally bought 35 tickets and donated them to Toronto inner city youth so they could witness CFL football for the first time!
            I'm not sure how the Argos can start reaching those fans in Toronto. Maybe lie to everyone and say they will be witnessing a soccer game and pull the switcheroo right before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by carmen16 View Post

That's how fans talk, not how GMs should talk. A lot of fans would never cut the franchise guys.

Reed needs to bring in a head coach. Or will be just step back and promote Cavillo bc he's convenient and the fans like him.
              IMO what Wetenall needs to do to start getting the fans and media back on board is leave his ego at the door and sign Maccoccia. Now in no way do I consider Maccoccia an elite football guy, but in that market he would at least bring a sense of calmness and relief and his presence alone could start mending fences with the fans and media.

Then Maccoccia can have the reigns to rebuild the football operations. Is he capable? I have no idea.
              Flush the Turddownation and the stink that comes with it

Comment

IMO what Wetenall needs to do to start getting the fans and media back on board is leave his ego at the door and sign Maccoccia. Now in no way do I consider Maccoccia an elite football guy, but in that market he would at least bring a sense of calmness and relief and his presence alone could start mending fences with the fans and media.

Then Maccoccia can have the reigns to rebuild the football operations. Is he capable? I have no idea.
                Plus I love to take shots at Maccoccia every chance I get so even from that perspective I support this move. lol

Comment

Plus I love to take shots at Maccoccia every chance I get so even from that perspective I support this move. lol
                  Well based on potential shot taking and material I fully support Taman to Montreal.
                  Flush the Turddownation and the stink that comes with it

Comment

Well based on potential shot taking and material I fully support Taman to Montreal.
                    Here's Taman with Wetenhall wandering past his office.

Comment

Wetenhall doesn't seem like a very smart man and seems to get influenced or manipulated a lot. He is running that franchise into the ground now by his questionable (ie. dumb) decisions.
                      Big egos in sports. If I owned a football team or got hired as a GM, I'd immediately hire smart football guys as staff, consultants and coaches to help me with the decisions until I could stand on my own. For some reason this doesn't happen much in football.

I also think it's weird that guys low risk guys like Tom Higgins with a pretty good track record find themselves on the outside. Most other fields of life you want to make low-risk, high reward moves.
                      Last edited by Mister E; 10-12-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I can see the Commish leaning on Wetenall about this.

Maccocia has matured and no doubt he would have learned from his time in Edmonton. No doubt he sees what he did in Edmonton playing out with Kavis right now.

Comment

What a shame they can't get something more going in Toronto. Attended my first game at BMO field this past weekend and I was very impressed. (By the way, thanks again Riderprider77 for arranging things) A very nice stadium and the fans that did attend were very enthusiastic and thoroughly support their team. The tailgating was great. Something I wish we could do.

Comment

I believe that Kavis was unleashed on the CFL by a certain GM who is trying to destabilize the league...

Comment

I take the Wettenhalls just don't care at this point anymore eh? Now that the investment banker has taken over, maybe he wants to sell it off or something
                              Normally someone in that line of work would want to pump up the value and sell it high, not run the value into the ground. Of course, they're probably not trying to run it into the ground, they're just doing a great job of it through terrible management.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that the players that other teams might have been interested in had too high of a per-game pay cheque?

Perhaps the interested GM was not only asking to take on the player salary but also saying to Montreal, "what else are you going to give me to take this high salary contract off your books?".
                                Football Gods 23:34

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X