Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another new target date for Capital Pointe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another new target date for Capital Pointe

The long-running soap opera took another turn with yet another announcement for completion date:

http://leaderpost.com/business/local...ule-once-again

The weather has been bad for the last decade? I honestly couldn't care less about this whole project but that is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
      The weather has been bad for the last decade? I honestly couldn't care less about this whole project but that is funny.
      Yes, but all the other buildings that have gone up somehow escaped this bad weather.

Comment

A true money pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
          I like how they now have a target of early 2019,...yeah, Good luck making that deadline

Comment

The "Capital Pointe" is whether the darned thing is even needed. Look at how many houses are on the market. Yeah, there's the hotel part too and maybe that's needed, but I kinda doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
              The "Capital Pointe" is whether the darned thing is even needed. Look at how many houses are on the market. Yeah, there's the hotel part too and maybe that's needed, but I kinda doubt it.
              Yeah, because all of those people who put deposits on downtown condos are likely to buy a house in the suburbs.
              Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Yeah, because all of those people who put deposits on downtown condos are likely to buy a house in the suburbs.
                Might as well. They're not going to get their Albert & Vic condos any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Not necessarily, but a glut of housing stock is perhaps the biggest factor affecting whether the current clown car organization running this can sell the contracts they need to launch a genuine construction effort.

And even though the housing subcategory is quite different, value becomes a prevailing issue. A person who once felt $399,000 for a minty condo space was interesting might be drawn to the idea of a nice yard and a deck and a double garage if the price is less.

Comment

According to a report from a local resident, fences went back up 2 days ago and all construction trailers removed. According to a CBC article today, the city HAS to renew the permit indefinitely. "And the city must renew Fortress's permit an unlimited number of times, providing it meets the standards of the National Building Code and city regulations." ( http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...stem-1.4259551 )

Over 1500 days since official groundbreaking and over 2500 since first look. This is getting ridiculous. I know they have no money, but still. Cut the losses and sell it.
                    "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

Not necessarily, but a glut of housing stock is perhaps the biggest factor affecting whether the current clown car organization running this can sell the contracts they need to launch a genuine construction effort.

And even though the housing subcategory is quite different, value becomes a prevailing issue. A person who once felt $399,000 for a minty condo space was interesting might be drawn to the idea of a nice yard and a deck and a double garage if the price is less.
                      That is a huge factor,....
                      4-5 years ago when this thing was begun we were quite literally selling homes faster than we could build them,and the prices were going ever upwards.
                      things have since changed, however the price point on those said condos in question needs to stay where it is at because everything was based upon the price of construction back in 2012-13

Comment

Originally posted by NoFlyZone View Post
                        According to a report from a local resident, fences went back up 2 days ago and all construction trailers removed. According to a CBC article today, the city HAS to renew the permit indefinitely. "And the city must renew Fortress's permit an unlimited number of times, providing it meets the standards of the National Building Code and city regulations." ( http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...stem-1.4259551 )

Over 1500 days since official groundbreaking and over 2500 since first look. This is getting ridiculous. I know they have no money, but still. Cut the losses and sell it.
                        Someone should put the Plains back up.

Comment

that's a big hole there

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

Totally agree, they tore down a perfectly good bar for this nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

I said they never should have tore down the Plains from day 1. That joint was probably paid for.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X