Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elon Musk - The Boring Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk - The Boring Company

It is amazing what this guy can pull off.
    Great guy among all the corporate that want to keeps things the same and further their interests.

Tesla
    Space X
    Solarcity now rolled into the Tesla for solar roofs.

Now this Boring Company.

Elon Muskā€¸Verified account @elonmusk
    Following

More
    Just received verbal govt approval for The Boring Company to build an underground NY-Phil-Balt-DC Hyperloop. NY-DC in 29 mins.

At the risk of sounding trivial (and copying ROFLMAO's penchant for word play), this Boring Company sounds pretty dull.

Comment

How much do you suppose it will cost to bore a tunnel from NYC to Washington? Or from LA to San Fransisco?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        How much do you suppose it will cost to bore a tunnel from NYC to Washington? Or from LA to San Fransisco?
        I don't know the answer but I bet Musk and followers won't be paying the freight on it!!!

Comment

A lot. a lot. a lot lot lot!

Comment

And how much is a ticket going to cost? Elon is a brilliant guy with a lot of vision, I admire and respect that but I sometimes question his realism. And who is going to be willing to travel 750 mph+ in a capsule in an underground tube.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post

A lot. a lot. a lot lot lot!
              That's such a cute quote from Duron! Gotta love his enthusiasm.

Comment

Cost of it intrigued me as well. Below is what I found.
                NY to DC is about 300 miles. So around $30 Billion?
                Why hasn't this been done before?

Currently, tunnels are really expensive to dig, with some projects costing as much as $1 billion per mile. In order to make a tunnel network feasible, tunneling costs must be reduced by a factor of more than 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

That's such a cute quote from Duron! Gotta love his enthusiasm.
                  Yes, I will not forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

And how much is a ticket going to cost? Elon is a brilliant guy with a lot of vision, I admire and respect that but I sometimes question his realism. And who is going to be willing to travel 750 mph+ in a capsule in an underground tube.
                    Cities spend billions building and maintaining subway systems that are significantly less length and have millions of paying riders daily. I have no idea how he'll make a go of this.

Comment

Cities spend billions building and maintaining subway systems that are significantly less length and have millions of paying riders daily. I have no idea how he'll make a go of this.
                      Like most Musk ideas it revolves around Public money financing his idea with the "greater good" of the planet in mind!! Public money pays half of each Tesla and Solar panel installation and somehow it's progress for the Earth??

Comment

I'm not sure he has to, everyone else will have to pay for it. Tesla has never made any money despite selling an incredibly expensive car to customers who are being subsidized to buy them in most markets. I even read somewhere that he is getting paid by selling carbon credit type shares in California.

edit: What bates said.

Comment

"Who would be willing to risk their life in some rickity "airplane" that flies high above the ground? That will NEVER catch on."
                          -Some guy watching the Wright brothers, probably

Musk is a visionary and I really enjoy keeping tabs on what his latest projects.

Comment

I would

Comment

Originally posted by The Usual Suspect View Post

"Who would be willing to risk their life in some rickity "airplane" that flies high above the ground? That will NEVER catch on."
                              -Some guy watching the Wright brothers, probably

Musk is a visionary and I really enjoy keeping tabs on what his latest projects.
                              Fair enough. You wouldn't catch me on a flying machine at Kitty Hawk either.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X