Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charges Against Admiral Norman Stayed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this quote from Trudeau in the above article:

Once again we see the NDP jumping on the Conservative bandwagon because their approach on climate change, their approach on the economy has simply fallen flat, said Mr. Trudeau.
    What does climate change and the economy have to do with this? How does Trudeau explain all the Liberal MP's that apologized alongside the other parties?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

They had it half right. Most Liberal MP's apologized, but Trudeau didn't.
      This should qualify the Vice Admiral for about 10.5 million.
      No teacher, cake are square, pie are round.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
        This article explains it quite well, but I can't help but wonder, why didn't the previous cabinet members speak up earlier and nip this thing in the bud?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mar...ckay-1.5134548
        I think that is clear? More interested in political gain.

Comment

PM and MND skip out of the House of Commons just before the house unanimously gives an apology to VAdm Norman for the unnecessary legal ordeal he had to put up with.
          https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1683354
          https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...pologizing-to/

"The House of Commons apologized Tuesday to Vice-Admiral Mark Norman and his family for what they endured over the course of his breach-of-trust case, which collapsed last week.

However, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan were absent."

Hmmm.
          Last edited by VANRIDERFAN; 05-15-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR View Post

I think that is clear? More interested in political gain.
            I'd prefer not to be that cynical, but that's certainly what it looks like. Any chance to make political hay should never be passed up.

Comment

Originally posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
              PM and MND skip out of the House of Commons just before the house unanimously gives an apology to VAdm Norman for the unnecessary legal ordeal he had to put up with.
              https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1683354
              https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...pologizing-to/

"The House of Commons apologized Tuesday to Vice-Admiral Mark Norman and his family for what they endured over the course of his breach-of-trust case, which collapsed last week.

However, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan were absent."

Hmmm.
              Raitt brought up the issue/vote after JT had already left to meet the Croatian President in Hamilton. You can hmmmmm all you want, but at least present the facts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...oday-1.5134975

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I'd prefer not to be that cynical, but that's certainly what it looks like. Any chance to make political hay should never be passed up.
                Not cynical as it has become a pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Green_and_White View Post

Raitt brought up the issue/vote after JT had already left to meet the Croatian President in Hamilton. You can hmmmmm all you want, but at least present the facts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...oday-1.5134975
                  What was Sajjan's excuse? Had to go and single handedly mastermind a military attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

What was Sajjan's excuse? Had to go and single handedly mastermind a military attack?
                    bahaha.

Anyway, you pretty much expect the politicians to be opportunistic and underhanded in their dealings, but the actions of the leadership of the Department of National Defence, RCMP and the prosecutor's office here are what is really disappointing. The PMO wanted to make an example of Norman, and these supposedly independent bodies certainly played along. I hope that an independent inquiry into this affair along with SNC lavalin is part of the election platform of all of the election platforms of all of the opposition parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

It wasnt just the two of them, one of the articles said that several cabinet members had already left as she brought it up after question period. But that doesn't make the saucy headlines.

Comment

It wasnt just the two of them, one of the articles said that several cabinet members had already left as she brought it up after question period. But that doesn't make the saucy headlines.
                        I'm pretty sure there is a very well established agenda in the house of commons, that apology Item coming up was no surprise to any of the members.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsask View Post
                          I'm pretty sure there is a very well established agenda in the house of commons, that apology Item coming up was no surprise to any of the members.
                          https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/hous...rman-1.4421971

"The House of Commons has agreed unanimously to apologize to Vice-Admiral Mark Norman over what he had to go through during the years-long legal battle that came to an end last week when federal prosecutors stayed the breach of trust charge he was facing.

Conservative Deputy Leader Lisa Raitt proposed the motion after question period on Tuesday."
                          or you know, you could read the articles instead of making assumptions. Everyone seems to be looking so hard for a conspiracy here they are going to find one no matter what.

Comment

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/hous...rman-1.4421971

or you know, you could read the articles instead of making assumptions. Everyone seems to be looking so hard for a conspiracy here they are going to find one no matter what.
                            You'll have to excuse me but where did it say there that this wasn't scheduled and the party whips weren't fully aware that this was happening in advance?

Comment

There's nothing stopping Trudeau and Sajjan from apologizing outside of the House of Commons.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsask View Post
                                You'll have to excuse me but where did it say there that this wasn't scheduled and the party whips weren't fully aware that this was happening in advance?
                                If it was scheduled vote it would likely be in a different sitting, like the one tomorrow everyone is salivating over. Not tacked on to the end of question period. To that end, you're again just making the assumption that the party whips knew before hand. Find me a link/article where it backs that claim up and I'll gladly eat some crow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X