Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tick Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
    3rd year using Bravecto for my dog .

A One pill dose lasts 3 months . Given usually mid April . Thatís pretty much the season out here

works awesome
    I give Bravecto to my yellow lab and itís worth every penny. Second year for me and never seen a tick anywhere near him.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

We use it to, on the Coast its more Fleas than Tick, but it works really well.
      There are a lot of ticks around on the island. A friend of mine has probably had to pull 3 off himself so far this year after taking his dog to a local park area. One problem we have is they are virtually year round due to our climate. Brevecto is what people I know are using

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I give Bravecto to my yellow lab and itís worth every penny. Second year for me and never seen a tick anywhere near him.
        Will be giving our dog his dose today, so he'll be good til August they say.. Did you need a 2nd dose last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Thatís awesome.

Iíve noticed that the ticks that do land on him end up dead on the blanket . Originally That did kind of concern me about toxicity... But he sure doesnít panic anymore when I mention Tick check.....haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Thatís awesome.

Iíve noticed that the ticks that do land on him end up dead on the blanket . Originally That did kind of concern me about toxicity... But he sure doesnít panic anymore when I mention Tick check.....haha
            I Googled the side effects of Bravecto and I think I'll stay with physical inspections and maybe a flea and tick collar for the tick season for my two babies.
            No teacher, cake are square, pie are round.

Comment

I am with jenius in this one. I would rather vaccinate for lyme than use bravecto. I have seen videos of the seizures and it's not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenDawn View Post
                I am with jenius in this one. I would rather vaccinate for lyme than use bravecto. I have seen videos of the seizures and it's not pretty.
                Lyme disease is pretty low risk west of Winnipeg. And is only one of many diseases ticks transmit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post

Will be giving our dog his dose today, so he'll be good til August they say.. Did you need a 2nd dose last year?
                  I didn't go with a second dose last year. Seemed one covered it. That said, this year I did give it to him a little earlier so now I am unsure.

Comment

Comment

We give our three English Bulldogs Bravecto. Just gave them the pill the other day. The boy spit his out and the one girl ate it so she got a double dose. Vet said that they ran tests and even at 5x the dose the dogs were ok. Worse case was an upset stomach but nothing came of it. We always do 2 doses at the recommended intervals.

We live around Lloydminster and the vet has already seen ticks as early as last month. We try and camp at SK Landing and that is the only spot where are bullies got ticks. One in the ear and one on the belly two different times. Headed to Oregon tomorrow so wanted to be sure they were protected. Talked to a buddy the other day that I hadnít talked to in a while. He said his wife got Lyme Disease from a tick and has suffered for almost two years. That was around Red Deer. She is in her 30ís, an athlete, runner, lawyer. Hasnít worked in over two years and almost killed her. Really messed her up. Sheís slowly getting better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X