Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching "Jeopardy"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone watching "Jeopardy"?

    Of possible interest to my fellow trivia geeks: if you haven't been watching "Jeopardy" lately, start. A professional gambler named James Holzhauer is running up wins & prize money at an unprecedented rate. In just nine days, he's won over $550,000. He now holds the record for the highest single-day total (& also the second- & third-highest totals); the old record was about $75,000, which Holzhauer beat by $35,000.

    Just for comparison: the all-time regular-game-play record for earnings is held by Ken Jennings, who made over $2 million in 70+ wins. Holzhauer's daily average is almost double Jennings's.

    He has cojones of steel (his double jeopardy bets are always high, & usually all-in), & lightning reflexes, but he also has an amazing breadth of knowledge. He's been fun to watch, & it's hard to imagine who'll beat him.

  • #2
    He is definitely fun to watch. So smart and confident and he's having fun with it.
    No teacher, cake are square, pie are round.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, gotta tune in tonight... oh wait... Leafs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by squish View Post
        Thanks, gotta tune in tonight... oh wait... Leafs.
        PVR...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tyree View Post

          PVR...
          You're assuming someone whose glories days date back to 1967 has heard of a PVR....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

            You're assuming someone whose glories days date back to 1967 has heard of a PVR....
            Zing lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

              You're assuming someone whose glories days date back to 1967 has heard of a PVR....
              Ouch. I'll take that one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

                You're assuming someone whose glories days date back to 1967 has heard of a PVR....
                If the user name means the first part is your NHL team there's a saying about glass houses . Better than no glory days.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bates View Post

                  If the user name means the first part is your NHL team there's a saying about glass houses . Better than no glory days.
                  Wait, hold on. What about the Canucks winning games 1 and 2 vs. Detroit in the first round of 2002? That Detroit team was one of the best ever put together! What a week that must have been in Vancouver, before Dan Cloutier let one in from centre ice and the Canucks lost 4 straight. GLORY DAYS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Andy View Post

                    Wait, hold on. What about the Canucks winning games 1 and 2 vs. Detroit in the first round of 2002? That Detroit team was one of the best ever put together! What a week that must have been in Vancouver, before Dan Cloutier let one in from centre ice and the Canucks lost 4 straight. GLORY DAYS!
                    In fairness I went to a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final there. Do you celebrate Silver??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bates View Post

                      In fairness I went to a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final there. Do you celebrate Silver??
                      I hope you got the hell out of downtown in a hurry afterwards.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Andy View Post

                        I hope you got the hell out of downtown in a hurry afterwards.
                        My hotel was on other side of the war zone, scariest walk I have ever done. Weirdest experience of my Life was watching a riot on tv that I could look out window and see same footage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bates View Post

                          If the user name means the first part is your NHL team there's a saying about glass houses . Better than no glory days.
                          Still 3 seasons less of a cup drought than the Leafs

                          Cmon, that was an easy one and if I didn't say it someone else would've. And that's quite the accomplishment getting more offended than Squish!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

                            Still 3 seasons less of a cup drought than the Leafs

                            Cmon, that was an easy one and if I didn't say it someone else would've. And that's quite the accomplishment getting more offended than Squish!
                            Who's offended? I thought we were just taking the piss on each other? All Canadian team fans should be able to do that with none having any reason to brag.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He's kicking butt again.

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X