Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSN App Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TSN App Question

    I have a streaming TSN account. My question is can I Chromecast it like on my Netflix or Crave apps? (Which are easy to do) I dont see the casting icon anywhere. (Using a Samsung phone)

  • #2
    I think it's pretty much only Apple TV at this point. I have a Chromecast and a couple of FireTV sticks and am debating whether to wait for more devices to be supported or buy something that can access it to finally cut the GD cord.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think you can Chromecast if you load the TSN site in a browser and stream from there, but not from the app. You used to be able to at least - I'm using an Apple TV now so can't say for sure.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ellipsis View Post
        I think you can Chromecast if you load the TSN site in a browser and stream from there, but not from the app. You used to be able to at least - I'm using an Apple TV now so can't say for sure.
        I think you are right...remember doing this when trying to watch World Jrs from the US (though a VPN).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ellipsis View Post
          I think you can Chromecast if you load the TSN site in a browser and stream from there, but not from the app. You used to be able to at least - I'm using an Apple TV now so can't say for sure.
          I believe so, as well, but it's a lot of dicking around and typing with a crappy interface, etc. I suppose a guy could run a cable from a laptop to the TV, as well but also more than a bit of a hassle.

          How is the TSN interface with AppleTV? I find the Sportsnet Now app is inconsistent on my FireTV sticks - sometimes it just won't let me click on the links.

          Comment


          • #6
            On Android, you can use the Google home app to cast your entire phone screen.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Andy View Post

              I believe so, as well, but it's a lot of dicking around and typing with a crappy interface, etc. I suppose a guy could run a cable from a laptop to the TV, as well but also more than a bit of a hassle.

              How is the TSN interface with AppleTV? I find the Sportsnet Now app is inconsistent on my FireTV sticks - sometimes it just won't let me click on the links.
              It's got some quirks, but it's reliable and the streams are good quality.

              I've been using it for about a year, and a few months ago randomly all of the channels gave me a "not authorized" error, but logging out and signing back in fixed that. Inexplicably the sign out button is in the upper menu, one swipe to the right from the default cursor position, so I frequently almost sign out when trying to go from TSN1 to TSN2, but other than that and the lack of replays through the app I've got no complaints.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mixer View Post
                On Android, you can use the Google home app to cast your entire phone screen.
                Yeah, super handy.

                tip. If you are casting to watch with friends, say on a TV on the boat, ensure you disable text message popups lol
                #keepthepromise

                Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

                Comment

                Announcement

                Collapse
                No announcement yet.

                Announcement

                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X