Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juggling passwords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sprout View Post
    Every time I try to log into my bank site, they want to call me with a password reset. It is a huge PITA to change my password on every login. There's probably some huge virus or bot or whatever making this necessary, but i hate it. I do telephone banking now because i can't endure endless password changes online.
    Yea that's not right. Are you sure you are remembering your reset password? Most sites won't let you create the same one you have used in the past.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

      Yea that's not right. Are you sure you are remembering your reset password? Most sites won't let you create the same one you have used in the past.
      I am pretty sure there is some crap going on with my computer. It forces a restart every week or so and loses all the passwords I have labouriously set the week prior.

      The agent in Delhi really has no idea what I am complaining about with their fantastic security upgrade a half year ago.

      Well, i do. I can't keep a password active longer than one session and it truly stinks.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bigmac View Post
        Have pretty much all of them stored and autofill on in Google Chrome
        Same.

        With 2-stage Authentication on my Google account .. you need my physical phone to log into my chrome account.

        Chrome now even gives you password ideas on a lot of forms when creating accounts where itíll create an impossible to crack password and save it to your chrome.

        I cant think of anything more secure and convenient then that.

        Comment


        • #19
          I just imported all of my passwords from chrome, it is shockingly simple to export all of your chrome passwords to a csv file. Yes someone needs to get into your chrome account but after that it is 30 seconds and every username and password is visible in excel. I'm not saying this to teach someone how to hack passwords in chrome its not hard to find out how. It's not even really hacking, it's an option in Chrome. I'm talking from a PC of course not a phone.

          Basically if you walk away from your desk at work and your chrome auto logs in from that PC or leave it open, walk away to pour a cup of coffee and someone could steal all of your auto save passwords before you got back.
          Last edited by Sofaking; 04-12-2019, 06:15 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
            I just imported all of my passwords from chrome, it is shockingly simple to export all of your chrome passwords to a csv file. Yes someone needs to get into your chrome account but after that it is 30 seconds and every username and password is visible in excel. I'm not saying this to teach someone how to hack passwords in chrome its not hard to find out how. It's not even really hacking, it's an option in Chrome. I'm talking from a PC of course not a phone.

            Basically if you walk away from your desk at work and your chrome auto logs in from that PC or leave it open, walk away to pour a cup of coffee and someone could steal all of your auto save passwords before you got back.
            I don't have a cell so all my passwords are on laptop running Chrome. I can go to settings or something like that and see all my passwords. My sites don't reject the password; they want new psswords

            My problem is that something causes an automated site that I have used for YEARS to reject and and force me to do all this reset stuff. I was going to use another four letter word, but we ladies have class ...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sprout View Post

              I am pretty sure there is some crap going on with my computer. It forces a restart every week or so and loses all the passwords I have labouriously set the week prior.

              The agent in Delhi really has no idea what I am complaining about with their fantastic security upgrade a half year ago.

              Well, i do. I can't keep a password active longer than one session and it truly stinks.
              You have something drastically wrong going on there.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                You have something drastically wrong going on there.
                Yea and it's obviously not affecting other people as tech support would never be able to keep up.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                  You have something drastically wrong going on there.
                  I guess I do, but no one can exactly say what it is. For the most part I can google, go to riderfans, read email. So it really isnt a huge PITA.

                  So I really would like to know what is wrong and I thank you kindly.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sprout View Post

                    I am pretty sure there is some crap going on with my computer. It forces a restart every week or so and loses all the passwords I have labouriously set the week prior.

                    The agent in Delhi really has no idea what I am complaining about with their fantastic security upgrade a half year ago.

                    Well, i do. I can't keep a password active longer than one session and it truly stinks.
                    I am wondering if the "fantastic security upgrade" by the "agent in Delhi" was some scam. A few years ago I was getting phone calls from somewhere offshore, telling me that I needed to run their software to clean up my computer. Makes me wonder if you got sold some malware or something????

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by danno View Post

                      I am wondering if the "fantastic security upgrade" by the "agent in Delhi" was some scam. A few years ago I was getting phone calls from somewhere offshore, telling me that I needed to run their software to clean up my computer. Makes me wonder if you got sold some malware or something????
                      Kind of wondered that too, I've used two of the big Canadian banks and both of their tech support centers were in Canada.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I use Lastpass. Its great. Can get an add on for chrome etc that makes it super slick.

                        At work our cyber security team uses it for a lot of their stuff - and it got put through the ringer before deciding on one.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Ive tried to come up with one password. More that 8 characters, at least one caps one symbol and one number then the next site doesnt accept symbols. Most are now on fingerprint. Petro points card was a pain in the *** sure i wont remember it, fk em

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by iiebg View Post
                            Ive tried to come up with one password. More that 8 characters, at least one caps one symbol and one number then the next site doesnt accept symbols. Most are now on fingerprint. Petro points card was a pain in the *** sure i wont remember it, fk em
                            With a password manager you only have one password. It still uses whatever password you have with your different sites (unless you tell it to make new ones).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by iiebg View Post
                              Ive tried to come up with one password. More that 8 characters, at least one caps one symbol and one number then the next site doesnt accept symbols. Most are now on fingerprint. Petro points card was a pain in the *** sure i wont remember it, fk em
                              For sites that security isn't much of an issue ..

                              I do something like F00tb@ll.

                              Take a common word or multi-word phrase, and sub out the letters for Numeric / Special characters equivilants. I've had one password for some sites I've used for 10 years.

                              Not overly secure, but secure enough for most websites. If someone wants to brute-force hack my Riderfans account, they can go right ahead. I then have 2-3 real passwords I use for banking/amazon/etc.

                              What is truly annoying ... The more secure Hownowbrowncow is not allowed, while the less secure F00tb@ll is.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by imschatz View Post

                                For sites that security isn't much of an issue ..

                                I do something like F00tb@ll.

                                Take a common word or multi-word phrase, and sub out the letters for Numeric / Special characters equivilants. I've had one password for some sites I've used for 10 years.

                                Not overly secure, but secure enough for most websites. If someone wants to brute-force hack my Riderfans account, they can go right ahead. I then have 2-3 real passwords I use for banking/amazon/etc.

                                What is truly annoying ... The more secure Hownowbrowncow is not allowed, while the less secure F00tb@ll is.
                                I had P1gf*cker! for a password until I got a visit from the IT manager requesting I change it.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X