Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgmental Map of Regina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

I'm guessing it has more to do with the endless crime in that area than it does the race of the people who live there. Perhaps you're introducing your own personal bias into your interpretation of the map.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20190412-203744_Chrome.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	429517

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
      It's 99% harmless satire... and then you see one distinctive area that's earmarked for death. That crosses a couple of lines and basically ruins it.
      Anybody that takes that as literally being "earmarked for death" is a ridiculous person absolutely nobody should take seriously.

It's 100% harmless satire. 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

He gone
        As you say, a shame, a darn shame

Comment

It is a shame. I still like Touchdown because he often makes good points but then goes overboard with the rhetoric and therein lies the problem. He may have a reason for his stridency.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
            It is a shame. I still like Touchdown because he often makes good points but then goes overboard with the rhetoric and therein lies the problem. He may have a reason for his stridency.
            Don't make me look up a word on a Saturday. It is accurate though

He does make some good points, too bad he has to come off as such a *** trying to get his point across.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Don't make me look up a word on a Saturday. It is accurate though

He does make some good points, too bad he has to come off as such a *** trying to get his point across.
              He had a decent point, the tone of the piece was pretty fun, except for that part. I see his point there, but he really feels he has to bring that point across in such a harsh way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

He gone
                Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

He had a decent point, the tone of the piece was pretty fun, except for that part. I see his point there, but he really feels he has to bring that point across in such a harsh way.
                  Except his point said something that the map didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Except his point said something that the map didn't.
                    I wonder what the map would look like if he rewrote all the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

There would be a pinpoint on his house labeled smartest man in Regina.

Comment

There wouldn't have been enough room on the whole map for him to spew his usual drivel for just one small neighbourhood.

Comment

Just a plain old map or Regina I think.

Comment

I think that the claim that the jab at the hood as not fitting the pretty fun tone the rest of the map struck is entirely debatable. I would argue that in today's meta of humour (and considering this was made by a redditor who is probably a male in his 20's or 30's with a sense of humour completely in touch with that meta), taking the statement as being serious or not made in the same spirit as the rest of the map simply because he used the word "seriously" is taking this hyper-literally and are taking things the wrong way. Portraying dark, offensive sentiments in a somewhat serious manner is a mainstay of today's comedy. Watch Adult Swim. Watch Jeselnik. Watch any comedy that is intended for selective audiences with thick skin instead of comedy intended for a massive coalition of baby boomers and the socially repressed and it then becomes completely easy see it as not an "except for that part" at all; it fits right in with the rest of it.

Touchdown took it that way because he read it in a certain tone and seems to be a robot person.

I read it in a completely different tone.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

I think that the claim that the jab at the hood as not fitting the pretty fun tone the rest of the map struck is entirely debatable. I would argue that in today's meta of humour (and considering this was made by a redditor who is probably a male in his 20's or 30's with a sense of humour completely in touch with that meta), taking the statement as being serious or not made in the same spirit as the rest of the map simply because he used the word "seriously" is taking this hyper-literally and are taking things the wrong way. Portraying dark, offensive sentiments in a somewhat serious manner is a mainstay of today's comedy. Watch Adult Swim. Watch Jeselnik. Watch any comedy that is intended for selective audiences with thick skin instead of comedy intended for a massive coalition of baby boomers and the socially repressed and it then becomes completely easy see it as not an "except for that part" at all; it fits right in with the rest of it.

Touchdown took it that way because he read it in a certain tone and seems to be a robot person.

I read it in a completely different tone.
                              As a comedy piece, I just saw it as lazy writing. They could have done better with other stereotypes in that neighbourhood and still maintain an "edge" to it.

I dunno, something like

"place to go to look for your stolen bike"
                              "Dogs chained up in yards"
                              "Toys on the lawn"
                              "Community Policing"
                              "get stabbed at a house party"

Something along those lines. The "nuke it, seriously" line, isn't overly clever.
                              Last edited by squish; 04-13-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I thought you're a fan of guys like Bill Burr and raunchy type comedians? Why the double standard on this? Just being the usual contrarian?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X