Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgmental Map of Regina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Dreegking hack your account?
    Haha,....it's actually the dog that has to dodo.
    Evrery so often my autocorrect starts typing jibberish

Comment

People "way out in the boonies."

Pretty accurate.
      Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

Same here.
        Alnd I do see quite few "$2000 used cars" when I walk the dog
        I actually bought a $1500 motorcycle there lol.

Comment

I live in plastic covered houses on narrow lots, used to be in people who bought their houses in the 60's and haven't moved. I work in forgotten businesses.

I think some of these are pretty funny, if we can't make fun of ourselves what can we do.

Comment

Have lived in:
            - White Trash & not hiding it - accurate
            - We should visit grandma when we're in the neighbourhood one of these days - accurate as I literally lived in my grandma's place
            - Your used $2000 car was purchased here - accurate - bought and sold around that price when living there!
            - What's that smell? Also, trashy old people - Smell is accurate, can't confirm old people part.
            - literally 6 houses a year are built up here - can confirm accuracy on the number of builds.

Comment

It's 99% harmless satire... and then you see one distinctive area that's earmarked for death. That crosses a couple of lines and basically ruins it.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
                It's 99% harmless satire... and then you see one distinctive area that's earmarked for death. That crosses a couple of lines and basically ruins it.
                Lighten up for gods sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

A cemetery marked for death... who knew?

Comment

"Used cars sold here"
                    "crummy pasta restaurants"
                    "the urban reservation must be nuked"

One of these things is not like the others. Only one area quip references killing the residents, and it just happens to be the one noteworthy for its demographics and urban aboriginal reserve status.

And in case anyone thinks it's not serious, they included a helpful note to make sure there's no misunderstanding. "Seriously."

It's not whether I'm offended or you're offended. It's whether someone else is hurt by "funny gags" about their genocide. Yuk it up I guess, why care about others.
                    Last edited by Touchdown; 04-12-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
                      Mayor disagrees.
                      The truth hurts, I guess

Comment

"Used cars sold here"
                        "crummy pasta restaurants"
                        "the urban reservation must be nuked"

One of these things is not like the other. Only one area quip references killing the residents, and it just happens to be the one noteworthy for its demographics and urban aboriginal reserve status.

And in case anyone thinks it's not serious, they included a helpful note to make sure there's no misunderstanding. "Seriously."

It's not whether I'm offended or you're offended. It's whether someone else is hurt by "funny gags" about their genocide. Yuk it up I guess, why care about others.
                        Touchdown, I like you, but it wasn't about killing anyone. Just razing the neighbourhood to get rid of that decrepit housing. At least, that's how I took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Touchdown, I like you, but it wasn't about killing anyone. Just razing the neighbourhood to get rid of that decrepit housing. At least, that's how I took it.
                          Bulldozing the neighborhood with a nuclear bomb? Followed by a "no, this isnt a joke" tag?

Again, it's not about how you or I take it, it's about how an aboriginal community that's experienced centuries of attempts to be wiped out (and still faces forms of that every day, and now, in the casual and cavalier "hey lighten up" dismissiveness of the privileged) might take it. They might not like it, with good reason.

If it had been more like your highly revised version about house condition, that would be different. That would align with the tone of every other gag on the page. This one doesn't, and even goes the extra step to tell us: "this one, we mean."

And none of this should depend on whether you like me or not. That's the problem here. Facts and decency coming from me gets insta-smeared regardless, and garbage flowing from site regulars gets treated like precious scripture. A message should stand or fall on its own merit, not on mob campaigns for or against the messenger.

Last edited by Touchdown; 04-12-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Pretty sure the guy that made the map is really suggesting genocide. Everyone knows that area is a hell hole. I lived for a bit north of Vic on Retallack. It's not a whole lot better.

Comment

Bulldozing the neighborhood with a nuclear bomb? Followed by a "no, this isnt a joke" tag?

Again, it's not about how you or I take it, it's about how an aboriginal community that's experienced centuries of attempts to be wiped out (and still faces forms of that every day, and now, in the casual and cavalier "hey lighten up" dismissiveness of the privileged) might take it. They might not like it, with good reason.
                              I thank you for your opinion. I agree that it was a tasteless caption, but we can't get into the "who did what to whom and who's responsible" dialogue here. Overall, I thought the map was funny and accurate. They certainly summed up my neighbourhood of cheap duplexes.

Comment

Pretty sure the guy that made the map is really suggesting genocide. Everyone knows that area is a hell hole. I lived for a bit north of Vic on Retallack. It's not a whole lot better.
                                I have always been curious about that. It's almost Cathedral, isn't it? Everyone knows Cathedral is where the Roots wearing granola crunching vegans live. You are talking Retallack south of the tracks, right?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X