Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgmental Map of Regina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

    On my buddy's 19th birthday, we went on a tour. Jolly Roger, Little B, Ehrle, Homecoming, Empire, Plains and ended up at 7's.
    Speaking of the plains, when I was about 20, 2 buddies and I came up on a Saturday for a Sunday football game. We were staying at one of the guy's sisters apartment. we decided to go out to a bar for a few drinks. Now we had no idea where to go so we started to look around and saw the Plains. We parked and went in sat down and ordered a drink.
    The bartender brought us our drinks personally sat them down and said " you boys drink these up and then leave,
    I'll watch your back till you get out" needless to say we downed our drinks and got the hell out of there. lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fizz View Post

      Speaking of the plains, when I was about 20, 2 buddies and I came up on a Saturday for a Sunday football game. We were staying at one of the guy's sisters apartment. we decided to go out to a bar for a few drinks. Now we had no idea where to go so we started to look around and saw the Plains. We parked and went in sat down and ordered a drink.
      The bartender brought us our drinks personally sat them down and said " you boys drink these up and then leave,
      I'll watch your back till you get out" needless to say we downed our drinks and got the hell out of there. lol
      Hmmm.... I went to The Plains quite often and never had trouble.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pappcam View Post

        Hmmm.... I went to The Plains quite often and never had trouble.
        Well, this was about 35 years ago, and I admit we looked fresh off the farm.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

          That is a brave manís tour right there
          Haha, I used to think it was somewhat entertaining to go to dive bars and hang out, but I would generally leave once it got too out of hand. But now I have absolutely no desire to go anymore. I was repairing a beer cooler in a bar that just to my luck got held up by a couple guys with bear mace, I didn't even get hit direct with the mace and it burned like nothing I have ever felt it was horrible. I will not set foot in anywhere even remotely sketchy anymore.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The_G View Post

            Haha, I used to think it was somewhat entertaining to go to dive bars and hang out, but I would generally leave once it got too out of hand. But now I have absolutely no desire to go anymore. I was repairing a beer cooler in a bar that just to my luck got held up by a couple guys with bear mace, I didn't even get hit direct with the mace and it burned like nothing I have ever felt it was horrible. I will not set foot in anywhere even remotely sketchy anymore.
            I am the same man.
            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

              On my buddy's 19th birthday, we went on a tour. Jolly Roger, Little B, Ehrle, Homecoming, Empire, Plains and ended up at 7's.
              Yeah,...but that was when all those places were brand new

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

                Yeah,...but that was when all those places were brand new
                Lookit, Sonny... LOL

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

                  5th and Pasqua. I've only been brave enough to go into the offsale
                  Lol, I don't think anyone is going to intentionally mess with you in any bar in Saskatchewan without 3 buddies behind him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                    On my buddy's 19th birthday, we went on a tour. Jolly Roger, Little B, Ehrle, Homecoming, Empire, Plains and ended up at 7's.
                    You missed the Lotus?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

                      Yeah,...but that was when all those places were brand new
                      I don't think they were ever new, lol. Instant dumps on opening day. (Mind you, this is hearsay. I've never been within 20 feet of any of them.)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                        Was a bet the reason you were in there?
                        Ha ha, didn't go into detail and derail things but since you asked, it was back during the 3 years when i was a greenskeeper in the summer at the Regina club. I had heard some comments about the JR there but didn't know what it was all about. One day the guys said let's go to the Jolly Roger. I was invited along and said yes cause "hey everyone's going". We get in there, our boss orders a round of rye and coke, we down them and leave. I had got a ride with him and he said after we left "the Roger is good for one...but that's all". Even in that time there before we left I saw one lady stand up and start yelling profanities at someone.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by go riders View Post

                          You missed the Lotus?
                          I'm glad we did, otherwise we would have missed the show in parking lot at 7's. Some chick caught her fiance cheating, gave him a good beating, took her ring off, threw it at him, kicked him in the ribs then spat on him.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                            So we risen above the resident high horsin and Holyin and now determined 5 of us have driank at the Jolly Roger and survived.
                            Add me to that list. After the LDC in both 2016 and 2017. It was a ritual for the people I was with to go after every Labour Day game. Survived each time I went...but we were out of there by 7pm each time too

                            Comment


                            • Here's to the Jolly Roger. Turning this thread back to something fun again

                              Comment


                              • In my university days, we would hang out at Saskatoon landmarks like the Albany, the Barry and the Pat, 1971 to 1973. Not sure if any of those still exist.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X