Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite recipe?

Look, it's the off season and we are grasping for straws for excitement. Some threads get de-railed and that's no problem for me, because I like to branch sideways and pretty much every direction for that matter. So I thought Id like a thread that just gives us fans good eats while we wait for the season to begin.

I present crispy baked chicken thighs. I usually despise thighs as slimy and yucky, but these are different and pretty darned easy. They are in the toaster oven as I speak, along with generic frozen straight cut fries.

Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs

Tender and juicy on the inside, crispy and flavorful on the outside, these Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs are so delicious! They are incredibly easy to make with very little prep, making these crispy baked chicken thighs perfect for busy nights.
    Ingredients
    8 Chicken Thighs skin-on, bone-in
    2 teaspoons paprika
    2 teaspoons Kosher salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1-2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley for garnish

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet pan with foil. Set aside.
    2. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder with a fork. Set
    aside.
    3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then arrange, skin side up on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil
    and rub into both sides. Season the back side with about a third of the spice mixture, then flip so the
    chicken thighs are skin side up and season with remaining spice mixture. Rub into the skin and slide your
    fingers under the skin to rub the spice mixture into the meat as well.
    4. Slide the pan into the oven and roast until completely cooked through; 30-35 minutes. Internal
    temperature should reach 165 degrees.
    5. Let rest for 5 minutes; garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.

For boneless, reduce the rub by one half and the cooking time by 10 minutes..

You splurged and got kosher?

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
      You splurged and got kosher?
      Nah, I didn't, lol. When you are cooking with salt, it all dissolves anyway, so I just used one half the salt. But there are definitely uses for kosher or sea salt. Just not necessary here. I NEVER go to the Food Barn, or whatever they call themselves, but can see a need to do that in the future.
      Last edited by Sprout; 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Lamb shanks, Italian style.

Dredge four well-trimmed lamb shanks in flour, salt, & pepper. Brown on all sides in a high smoke-point oil, in a Dutch oven or other heavy pot. Remove the shanks, wipe out the pot, reduce the heat, & cook diced onions, celery, & carrots in olive oil until just tender. Add two or three minced garlic cloves & cook for no more than a minute. Add a large can of tomatoes (San Marzanos are best), a cup of beef stock, a cup or more of white wine, a few sprigs of rosemary, & a couple of bay leaves. Return the lamb shanks to the pot & bring almost to the boil on the stovetop. Cover, & cook for at least two hours in a 325 oven. When you can pull the meat off the bone with a fork, add a two cups of orzo, & cook for 20 minutes more.

To Frenchify the recipe: subsitute leeks for the onions, veal stock for beef stock, & red wine for white. Add a little four-spice powder or allspice into the pot halfway through braising, & stir a little cream in just before serving. Skip the orzo; serve with mashed potatoes instead.

Comment

I've made this a few times and love it, kids love it too. From the BBQ bible. Slight warning if you have never actually seen an actual lambs leg it might be disturbing for the squeamish.

https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/smo...mb-provencale/ Smoke-Roasted Leg of Lamb Provencale

RECIPE NOTES

• Yield: Serves 6 to 8
          • Method: Indirect grilling
          • Equipment: 2 cups wood chips (optional; preferably oak), soaked for 1 hour in water to cover, then drained; spray bottle
          INGREDIENTS

• 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
          • 1 small or 1/2 large bone-in leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
          • 6 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
          • 6 kalamata olives, cut into slivers and frozen
          • Extra-virgin olive oil in a spray bottle, plus 3 to 4 tablespoons for basting
          • 1 tablespoon coarse salt
          • 1 tablespoon homemade Herbes de Provence, or a commercial brand
          • 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
          RECIPE STEPS

Step 1: Strip the leaves off 2 rosemary sprigs. Finely chop the leaves of 1 sprig. Set aside the remainder of the bunch of rosemary.

Step 2: Using the tip of a sharp, slender knife, make a series of 1/2-inch deep holes in the lamb, mostly in the sheath of fat on top, but also on the sides and bottom. The holes should be about 1 inch apart. Insert the garlic, olives, and whole rosemary leaves in the holes, one flavoring per hole.

Step 3: Spray the leg of lamb on all sides with the oil. Combine the salt, herbes de provence, peppercorns, and chopped rosemary leaves and sprinkle them all over the lamb, patting them on with your fingertips.

Step 4: Set up the grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, place a drip pan in the center. If using a gas grill, place all the wood chips, if desired, in the smoker box or in a smoker pouch and preheat on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat to medium.

Step 5: When ready to cook, if using a charcoal grill, toss half of the wood chips, if desired, on the coals. Place the lamb on the hot grate, away from the heat, and cover the grill. Grill until cooked to taste, 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium-rare. Every 30 minutes, baste the leg of lamb with oil, using the remaining rosemary sprigs as a basting brush. To test for doneness, insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the thickest part of the leg, but not touching the bone; the internal temperature will be about 125 degrees F for rare, 145 degrees F for medium-rare; and 160 degrees F for medium. If using a charcoal grill, you’ll need to add 12 fresh coals and 1/2 cup wood chips to each side after 1 hour of grilling.

Step 6: Transfer the lamb to a cutting board, let rest for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.

Comment

I hungry.

Comment

Throw onions, peppers and celery in pan. Saute til translucent. Add garlic for a minute or two. Add white wine.
              When wife says smells great what are you cooking? figure out what you're making.
              might be shrimp, might be pork chops.

Comment

pita
                kraft pizza sauce
                mozzarella cheese

turn oven on to 350

put in oven, once the oven beeps that it is ready then it should be done

has been my lunch the last few days...no pepperoni in the house

Comment

Sous vide steak.
                  Is it May yet?

Comment

Best wings I have ever made...and maybe even had. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24...e=Recipe%20Hub

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X