Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Final Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ellipsis View Post
    I'm hoping Arya kills Cersei while wearing Jamie's face...but I think one of Jamie, Tyrion, or Sansa probably make more sense to kill Cersei.
    Sansa would be interesting, as up until now she’s really hasn’t done any “fighting” or killing. The last couple episodes have taken some time to show her lack of interest/ability to fight (this episode the scene where Arya gives her the knife and she says she doesn’t know how to use it). Would be interesting for her to finally have a take down of her own.

Comment

I'm hoping Arya kills Cersei while wearing Jamie's face...but I think one of Jamie, Tyrion, or Sansa probably make more sense to kill Cersei.
      This is what I have thought too, and then Arya becomes the first female Commander of the Kingsguard, while her sister Sansa is sitting on the iron throne as Queen. (the part after Arya killing Cersei is not based on any theories or facts or dissatisfaction with how Season 8 is going)

Comment

• Originally posted by TryingHardly View Post

If you like pure action and satisfaction, then yes it did.

The story went from something that was crafted over many years to having serious holes. You can say it's "contrarianism" all you want, but when's the last time like characters like Ned/Katlin/Rob died? They aren't even willing to care many minor characters.

Breaking Bad is a show that didn't go away from what made it amazing television, although it did have some unusual episodes.
        Before Game of Thrones became popular, it was pretty rare for a show to kill off so many of its main characters. An episode like the Red Wedding was shocking and noteworthy because it wasn't something that was expected.

Now, for some reason, some GOT fans are expecting that level of death all the time. The thing is, if they keep doing that, it loses its impact. The Red Wedding is notable because it is a rarity. Start doing it every week or even every season, then it ceases to be special.

Still, some significant characters were still killed at Winterfell, plus a few whole armies were wiped out. Dany may not have been killed, but her chances of getting a throne via military conquest may have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilligan View Post

Before Game of Thrones became popular, it was pretty rare for a show to kill off so many of its main characters. An episode like the Red Wedding was shocking and noteworthy because it wasn't something that was expected.

Now, for some reason, some GOT fans are expecting that level of death all the time. The thing is, if they keep doing that, it loses its impact. The Red Wedding is notable because it is a rarity. Start doing it every week or even every season, then it ceases to be special.

Still, some significant characters were still killed at Winterfell, plus a few whole armies were wiped out. Dany may not have been killed, but her chances of getting a throne via military conquest may have been.
          Excellent points. Because of the way that GOT has not shied away from killing main characters like Ned, and the Red Wedding, etc, during last Sunday's battle, every time one of the main characters got in a pickle, I was on the edge of my seat thinking "No not Arya", "No not Dany", "No not Jaimie", so for me it did exactly what I want from a show, it kept me entertained and engaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post

That means he'd be killing his own child. Cant see that one playing out
            Are we 100% sure she's pregnant with his child and that she didn't just say she was to manipulate him? The witches prophecy from her childhood said she'd only have 3 children...

Comment

• Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Are we 100% sure she's pregnant with his child and that she didn't just say she was to manipulate him? The witches prophecy from her childhood said she'd only have 3 children...
              There have been a few scenes where she is giving signs she is pregnant that were away from him, and even totally alone, but you never know. That said, she only has 3 children if her and/or the baby pass.
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

Excellent points. Because of the way that GOT has not shied away from killing main characters like Ned, and the Red Wedding, etc, during last Sunday's battle, every time one of the main characters got in a pickle, I was on the edge of my seat thinking "No not Arya", "No not Dany", "No not Jaimie", so for me it did exactly what I want from a show, it kept me entertained and engaged.
                well said. Totally agree.
                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokanee View Post

Sansa would be interesting, as up until now she’s really hasn’t done any “fighting” or killing. The last couple episodes have taken some time to show her lack of interest/ability to fight (this episode the scene where Arya gives her the knife and she says she doesn’t know how to use it). Would be interesting for her to finally have a take down of her own.
                  Nah, that would ruin her character.

Comment

• Sansa's brain is going to be valuable moving foward as she seems to be the best in the group to figure out how Cersei thinks. What happens with Jamie will be interesting now. He fulfilled his promise to fight for the living. Now what for the next war against his sister? Will he actually fight against her? He doesn't know that Cersei is so done with him that she has sent someone to kill him. I was wondering if Bran may somehow see that and inform the Lannister boys. Maybe he saw Bronn on his way when he peaced out and took a raven joy ride during the battle.

Comment

• I actually thought they would shock people with Bronn going after Jaime, but failing perhaps due to Brienne saving him. Would have been a shocker to see Bronn turn for the gold. They could have had Brienne saving Jaime as her knight ARC was complete, and fitting it would be for the will they/won't they man who knighted her. Could also lead to a dying words from Bronn letting Jaime in on why, motivating him to go full circle, king slayer to queen slayer.

#keepthepromise

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                        I actually thought they would shock people with Bronn going after Jaime, but failing perhaps due to Brienne saving him. Would have been a shocker to see Bronn turn for the gold. They could have had Brienne saving Jaime as her knight ARC was complete, and fitting it would be for the will they/won't they man who knighted her. Could also lead to a dying words from Bronn letting Jaime in on why, motivating him to go full circle, king slayer to queen slayer.
                        I just can’t see Bronn actually turning on the Lannister boys (especially Tyrion). His character is a lot like the hound. Gruff and ruled by self interest but has a redeemable quality in his care for a few characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Jon Snow is still alive. Period. Sure plenty of characters met their untimely demise. But the ones that were designed to survive, against any and all odds, have.
                          To be fair, he was killed once already.

Comment

• Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Well wasn't she drinking after being with Euron?

Comment

• Originally posted by wist View Post
                              Well wasn't she drinking after being with Euron?
                              I'm pretty sure alcohol during pregnancy recommendations used to be different, especially if they're coming from Qyburn.

Comment

I'm pretty sure alcohol during pregnancy recommendations used to be different, especially if they're coming from Qyburn.
                                Yes, but her brother decided she must be pregnant because she was not drinking

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X