No announcement yet.

Global Transportation Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been thinking a long time about whether or not to post in this thread. I am panting for some development in west Regina, so I guess this and Westerra is all I have to look forward to. It's a shame to have it tarnished by scandal.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post
      Very annoying when they all start jumping ship, costing the taxpayers even more money having all these by-elections. Should almost make that constituency wait until the election for new representation, not necessarily fair to the residents in the constituency but maybe that'll make them think a little deeper for who they give their vote to.
      I get Wall stepping down and trying to get a new face to lead the party going into the next election. But Boyd? Why even bother running for a 4 year term if you plan on retiring in less than 2? Everything this guy does stinks.

Comment

• http://www.cbc.ca/1.4284056

Appraisal based on factually incorrect information. LOL nice job you jabronies, glad to see such competent people are in charge of spending my tax dollars.

Comment

• So if the appraiser gave a "factually wrong appraisal" I for one would like to know who it was and not have the name redacted! This entire deal stinks and I could find a lot better use for the dollars to stay in the governments hand for programs, rather than in some sask party supporters pocket!
          Last edited by A Rider Fan; 09-12-2017, 06:05 AM. Reason: Autocorrect and I don't always agree!

Comment

• The reputation of the appraiser would be harmed if the name was redacted? That's exactly what is supposed to happen, that's how the free market works. You make mistakes and a crap job in general, the market is informed and allowed to respond accordingly. If that market doesn't tolerate incompetence, you fail.

This game frustrates the heck out of me. Out of one side of the mouth we're saying free market sets land value. Ok, but out of the other side you say we can't inform that very market about an incompetent appraiser who set the value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pizzaiolo View Post
              The reputation of the appraiser would be harmed if the name was redacted? That's exactly what is supposed to happen, that's how the free market works. You make mistakes and a crap job in general, the market is informed and allowed to respond accordingly. If that market doesn't tolerate incompetence, you fail.

This game frustrates the heck out of me. Out of one side of the mouth we're saying free market sets land value. Ok, but out of the other side you say we can't inform that very market about an incompetent appraiser who set the value.
              It could be that they requested the appraiser to come in at certain value or consider the land is close to the GTH after it is built when pricing it, or the appraiser is in it as well. Oh so many questions

Comment

• Originally posted by jollyrider View Post

It could be that they requested the appraiser to come in at certain value or consider the land is close to the GTH after it is built when pricing it, or the appraiser is in it as well. Oh so many questions
                Anyone here watch the Sopranos? Remember the HUD scam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pizzaiolo View Post
                  The reputation of the appraiser would be harmed if the name was redacted? That's exactly what is supposed to happen, that's how the free market works. You make mistakes and a crap job in general, the market is informed and allowed to respond accordingly. If that market doesn't tolerate incompetence, you fail.

They are throwing someone anonymous under the bus. They'll try this first and check the public reaction.

Comment

• So you can take public money and do an absolutely terrible job for the government and remain anonymous? Pretty good gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by bohsask View Post
                      So you can take public money and do an absolutely terrible job for the government and remain anonymous? Pretty good gig.
                      Could be even better if he got any kickbacks, or was just paid a ridiculous rate to begin with.

Comment

• Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that they are allowed to remain anonymous would lead me to believe that they were in on the funny business going on, and were persuaded by the government to help them "arrive" at the land valuation they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by bohsask View Post
                          So you can take public money and do an absolutely terrible job for the government and remain anonymous? Pretty good gig.
                          I don't think the appraiser received any government money, he made his report for Anthony Marquart who provided the report to the government when negotiating the price.

I'm assuming the report included a provision it not be released to anyone other than Anthony Marquart without the appraiser's permission, which is why the report and the appraiser aren't being made public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post

I don't think the appraiser received any government money, he made his report for Anthony Marquart who provided the report to the government when negotiating the price.

I'm assuming the report included a provision it not be released to anyone other than Anthony Marquart without the appraiser's permission, which is why the report and the appraiser aren't being made public.
                            Yeah, that's what I assume as well.

Comment

• I see that the GTH is in serious financial difficulty - hasn't made a payment on its $24 million debt in almost 2 years, adding $1 million interest debt per year, land sales never reaching targets - this makes SPUDCO seem like "small potatoes"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post
                                I see that the GTH is in serious financial difficulty - hasn't made a payment on its $24 million debt in almost 2 years, adding $1 million interest debt per year, land sales never reaching targets - this makes SPUDCO seem like "small potatoes"!
                                Wasn't Premier Wall saying earlier that they have made so much profit from the sale of that land to what they paid for it.
                                I hope he put everything out for people to see or all the name he has made in the last 10 years is going to burn with this GTH. That would be a shame.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X