Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Transportation Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=squish;n121771]

    You don't seem like the "income sprinkling" type

    Comment


    • It looks like Bill Boyd has left some giant size mustard stains on the SK Party brand. It's the people you trust who let you down. To bad Wall gets tarnished with this guys actions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

        Would the people be asking the RCMP to do this if they had no clue it happened? I doubt the RCMP would have just picked this up on their own without someone digging into just how dirty it is. As far as anyone else new prior to the CBC breaking this open, it was just another government transaction.
        I thought McNally Enterprises got a letter from City Regina tax department? (They started a suit against the government last Spring.) Didn't the Sask PC's take it to CBC? Since that time Jason Dearborne, the NDP and again the PCs have asked for an investigation? Inquiry?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by brady View Post
          It looks like Bill Boyd has left some giant size mustard stains on the SK Party brand. It's the people you trust who let you down. To bad Wall gets tarnished with this guys actions.
          if you support him and condone his actions (the DNA of the sask party) you are not getting tarnished, its guilt by association. He had his chance to distance himself and the party, now he is maybe paying the price for being part of it.
          The sask party, they can even screw nuns!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bignorm View Post
            I will say that had the tables been the other way around on this issues (the NDP in power and a scandal) I have a strong suspicion the CBC would be a lot quieter and the private media especially Gormley and company would be screaming much louder (in Gormleys case bloody murder).

            I still don't really think anything criminal happened, they just completely and utterly messed up by not buying the land earlier (ie before the developers knew there would be a development) and had to pay dearly for that land. We'll find out after the Mounties are done and I expect some sort of inquiry what exactly happened.
            So the two individuals who each made millions happen to be Bill Boyd's landlord (who he has "never met" but somehow was also involved in his irrigation pivots for landed immigrant status scheme) and a major Sask Party donor doesn't raise an eyebrow for you?

            Comment


            • Its either criminal or grossly incompetent on several individual's behalf. The first implies one or two dirty politicians, the second implies a whole gang of bumbling fools. Neither a great outcome.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post

                You don't seem like the "income sprinkling" type
                Lol, that seems a little uncalled for. How about I haul your girlfriend out of the Jolly Roger and take her home?
                Last edited by go riders; 09-11-2017, 07:59 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

                Comment


                • Originally posted by brady View Post
                  It looks like Bill Boyd has left some giant size mustard stains on the SK Party brand. It's the people you trust who let you down. To bad Wall gets tarnished with this guys actions.
                  I guess when he refers to Boyd as "the DNA of the Saskparty" just a few weeks ago, he can own some of the stink when it was obvious for a while that Boyd wasn't exactly on the straight and narrow the way the GTH deal was looking.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by squish View Post
                    Its either criminal or grossly incompetent on several individual's behalf. The first implies one or two dirty politicians, the second implies a whole gang of bumbling fools. Neither a great outcome.
                    I agree, a couple did something illegal they are dealt with in the courts. If its a f-up as I believe it is it took quite a few people to do so (elected and unelected). One almost wishes it was criminal then its a couple people who did something illegal, its more likely a large group of people that did something stupid and a smart business person took advantage of a group of dumb politicians and bureaucrats.

                    I suppose one day this whole mess will be a case study on failed economic development programs and why the government is generally lousy at being in business.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

                      Lol, that seems a little uncalled for. How about I haul your girlfriend out of the Jolly Roger and take her home?
                      Haha you can try but I doubt that she would go with a pencil neck geek
                      Last edited by go riders; 09-11-2017, 08:00 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by brady View Post
                        It looks like Bill Boyd has left some giant size mustard stains on the SK Party brand. It's the people you trust who let you down. To bad Wall gets tarnished with this guys actions.
                        Brad Wall knew what was going on and didn't have the spine to do anything about it. He and the party deserves all of the tarnish that they're getting. Pinning it all on Boyd would be ridiculous.

                        It is too bad, as Wall and his party used to do a fairly good job of governing. I think too many big electoral wins made them complacent, greedy, and arrogant.

                        Now they're going to try the old Alberta PC trick of changing the leader and rejuvenating the party in the eyes of the public. Pin all of the blame on the departing Boyd and Wall, and move ahead with a fresh face. It just might work too.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post

                          Haha you can try but I doubt that she would go with a pencil neck geek
                          Well you admitted she hung out at the Jolly Roger so her standards obviously aren't high, I'm pretty sure after a couple glasses of sherry I could convince her lol. I may be a pencil neck geek but I'm a pretty good looking and charming one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bignorm View Post

                            I agree, a couple did something illegal they are dealt with in the courts. If its a f-up as I believe it is it took quite a few people to do so (elected and unelected). One almost wishes it was criminal then its a couple people who did something illegal, its more likely a large group of people that did something stupid and a smart business person took advantage of a group of dumb politicians and bureaucrats.

                            I suppose one day this whole mess will be a case study on failed economic development programs and why the government is generally lousy at being in business.
                            True, but why would Boyd be so insistent on pushing this through and bypassing the usual processes really points to something dirty, rather than incompetence. The fact its his landlord that made the money... yeesh.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by squish View Post

                              True, but why would Boyd be so insistent on pushing this through and bypassing the usual processes really points to something dirty, rather than incompetence. The fact its his landlord that made the money... yeesh.
                              And why retire less than half way through an elected term?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

                                And why retire less than half way through an elected term?
                                Very annoying when they all start jumping ship, costing the taxpayers even more money having all these by-elections. Should almost make that constituency wait until the election for new representation, not necessarily fair to the residents in the constituency but maybe that'll make them think a little deeper for who they give their vote to.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X