Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to grill a sirloin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to grill a sirloin

I don't normally buy sirloin (this case top sirloin about 10 oz). These were on sale and I'm cheap. Should I marinate them? and in what? I normally just throw t bones or rib eyes on the bbq with a bit of spice. I know sirloins can be tough.
    Last edited by Sofaking; 03-19-2019, 01:59 PM.

I have found they really vary, not tough, bur pretty lean. Season them however you want, don't overcook them of course. Sometimes I'll do a garlic butter serve on them as there is often little fat in the meat.

Comment

Lol, here comes the super chefs to say sous vide it for 4 days with virgin olive oil harvested from the sacred mountain and spices blessed by a Monk, the grill it for two minutes a side then put it in a cast iron skillet preheated with the butter made from the milk of a Kobe cow, then warm in the oven for 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post
        Lol, here comes the super chefs to say sous vide it for 4 days with virgin olive oil harvested from the sacred mountain and spices blessed by a Monk, the grill it for two minutes a side then put it in a cast iron skillet preheated with the butter made from the milk of a Kobe cow, then warm in the oven for 15 minutes
        Lol!!

Just cut em up and make stew. I'm done with sirloin for steak.

Comment

Not Sirloin, but I put my Ribeye's in the smoker with salt and pepper a pat of garlic butter on top. Smoke them with hickory to a temp of 100 to 110 degrees. Pull them off and sear them on a super hot Gas Grill pull them off let them rest 10 Min. Did this last summer for a buddy and he said it was the best steak he had ever eaten........I was pretty proud.

Comment

Oh so youíve tried that recipe then??? I was looking at it but didnít have the Kobe butter so I skipped it.

Seriously though the big thing is donít over cook it and you should be great. Sous Vide if you have it, grill if you donít. Throw some garlic sautťed mushrooms on top and your golden.

Comment

Jeez man don't you know nothing....the spices have to be blessed by the Dalai Lama at a mountain top in Tibet not just a plain old Monk.

Comment

Classic............lol
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Lol I thought this might spark some funny replies. I'm about out of time so I'm just going to grill them on a lower heat for a bit longer than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post

Jeez man don't you know nothing....the spices have to be blessed by the Dalai Lama at a mountain top in Tibet not just a plain old Monk.
                    They were sold out of the Dalai Lama spices, which begs the next question. Can Dalai Lama spices be used on beef or only on Lama?

Comment

Here is a marinade I like on steak...

2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
                      2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
                      2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
                      2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
                      2 tablespoons soya sauce
                      2 tablespoons olive oil
                      Freshly ground pepper

Comment

How long?

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                          How long?
                          Have you never grilled a steak before? Cook it until it's cooked as much as you like. Sirloin is a common cut of steak. I'm not sure why you're confused about cooking it.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Have you never grilled a steak before? Cook it until it's cooked as much as you like. Sirloin is a common cut of steak. I'm not sure why you're confused about cooking it.
                            I meant the marinade smart ***. I've cooked hundreds of steaks but not generally sirloins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                              How long?
                              It's too late for you to marinade today unless you aren't cooking it until tomorrow. I like to leave mine in it for 8 to 10 hours. Lots of times I will marinate it when I get up in the morning for supper that night.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X