Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowblower Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowblower Repair

So my snowblower won't start. I started it before winter and it started but I tried it twice again and it failed. Once when it was really cold and then again the other day once it warmed up...no dice. It sounds like absolute garbage when I use automatic or electric start. Sounds like rusty cans rubbing clanking against each other or something.

Anyway, I'm not sure why it won't start anymore and I'm not at all good with fixing or diagnosing small engine issues so where is a good place to take it in Regina to be repaired or tuned up?
    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
    So my snowblower won't start. I started it before winter and it started but I tried it twice again and it failed. Once when it was really cold and then again the other day once it warmed up...no dice. It sounds like absolute garbage when I use automatic or electric start. Sounds like rusty cans rubbing clanking against each other or something.

Anyway, I'm not sure why it won't start anymore and I'm not at all good with fixing or diagnosing small engine issues so where is a good place to take it in Regina to be repaired or tuned up?
    Is that place on Hill Ave by the Houston Pizza still there?

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

Is that place on Hill Ave by the Houston Pizza still there?
      Mark's Mini Tune, 3430 Hill Avenue. They were great when I took my snowblower there
      Last edited by lester; 03-15-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

Mark's Mini Tune, 3430 Hill Avenue. They were great when I took my snowblower there
        I have taken my rototiller and snowblower there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Check the bolts that hold the starter on, they sometimes loosen up and the gears aren't meshing properly, making the gears slip and make that noise.

Comment

Mine sounded the same. Someone took it apart for me and cleaned out he carb Worked good for a bit and then choppy Hopefully won't need it again this season
            Last edited by bigmac; 03-16-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post

Check the bolts that hold the starter on, they sometimes loosen up and the gears aren't meshing properly, making the gears slip and make that noise.
              I pulled mine apart as the teeth on the starter were worn down completely in some spots. I havenít replaced it but thereís YouTube videos which have step by step instructions

Comment

I didnít even start my snowblower this winter. Might have to start on up in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

Another vote for Mark's. I took mine there before winter this year and once they were done with repairs it purred like a kitten.

Comment

Nice thank you for all the advice gents.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

I always add sea foam to my jerrycan , keeps everything running great, also works great in autos
                      Sea Foam Motor Treatment is a multi-functional formula that can be used in gas, ethanol, diesel or bio-diesel, oil, injector and carbon cleaning machines Cleans

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer View Post
                        I always add sea foam to my jerrycan , keeps everything running great, also works great in autos
                        Yep I do the same sea foam and premium gas for the small engines. My old golf cart at the lake was ready to die a few years ago, started running the sea foam and premium gas and it runs like new now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bignorm View Post

Yep I do the same sea foam and premium gas for the small engines. My old golf cart at the lake was ready to die a few years ago, started running the sea foam and premium gas and it runs like new now.
                          Second this! This will head off a lot of issues. Starting issues typically involve old / cheap gas with no stabilizer in it...I've found that ethanol isn't good for the plastic parts in most small motors. Only time I buy Shell V Power is for all my small motor stuff. I also use sea foam in all the small motor stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X