Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zealand Mosque Massacre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy that did this is from Australia. Not that it really matters but I wonder why he did this in New Zealand? There must be mosques in Australia.

What a completely senseless and horrible attack on fellow human beings.

Comment

Some unfortunate but probably wise precautions going on here...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...land-1.5057955

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
        Only 35 total murders last year in New Zealand. But as long as hate is allowed to fester and grow and not be called out, this will continue.
        there is very little middle-ground anymore

Unfortunately The media will need to expand censorship for all, in efforts to not set off the lowest common denominator .... that’s where we’ve gotten ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

there is very little middle-ground anymore

Unfortunately The media will need to expand censorship for all, in efforts to not set off the lowest common denominator .... that’s where we’ve gotten ourselves

Instead of censoring media or grabbing guns, perhaps we could go back to the days when crazy people were locked up in institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
            The guy that did this is from Australia. Not that it really matters but I wonder why he did this in New Zealand? There must be mosques in Australia.

What a completely senseless and horrible attack on fellow human beings.
            He was born in Australia but living in New Zealand apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

He was born in Australia but living in New Zealand apparently.
              ah. that explains it. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

Instead of censoring media or grabbing guns, perhaps we could go back to the days when crazy people were locked up in institutions.
                gun grabbing is your own thing

And if you don't see how media is already ramping up censorship, then there is no use in really talking about it anymore

Comment

One of the best stories I read today was about two officers with the Toronto Police Service who, when they heard about New Zealand, walked into a Toronto mosque and asked for the imam. When he came, they asked "are you alright? are you feeling safe? Is there anything we can do for you?"

It's a scary world sometimes. I'm not religious and I don't care for the most part what religion people follow, but churches should be a safe place. This is just so sad. I'm glad the police were able to disarm the car rigged with IEDs. I can't imagine what those police and first responders and hospitals had to see last night.

Comment

What a sick world we live in. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      And the son of a bitch livestreamed it, and a particularly pathetic and disgusting segment of humanity has been sharing the video of the massacre on social media platforms.

Make sure you turn autopay off if you're logging into Facebook or Twitter this morning, or just take a day off. Some things cannot be unseen, and I'd assume this is one of them.
                      I am always mystified at the outrage over sharing the video of stuff like this. Are you telling me you've never seen a holocaust documentary where emaciated corpses are thrown in to mass graves where they tumble rag doll-style on to a pile of other emaciated corpses? What'd you do, shut your eyes? Demand it get banned?

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

I am always mystified at the outrage over sharing the video of stuff like this. Are you telling me you've never seen a holocaust documentary where emaciated corpses are thrown in to mass graves where they tumble rag doll-style on to a pile of other emaciated corpses? What'd you do, shut your eyes? Demand it get banned?
                        just an imo…...but these vids and emotional style coverage just fuel other wannabes and copycats.

Comment

An Australian writer and producer said it a lot better than I ever could...

https://qz.com/1574225/watch-waleed-...que-shootings/

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

just an imo…...but these vids and emotional style coverage just fuel other wannabes and copycats.
                            Absolutely they do. The underground forums and communication mediums are bad enough but this, IMO, will actually INSPIRE other people filled with hate to do something similar. For those that have similar hate and stances to this fellow, he'll be glorified the same way the Norwegian guy from 2011 is.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

I would argue there is a difference between documentaries on the Holocaust that happened in 1945 used for educational purposes vs a live streamed video of a brutal mass murder that just happened that is shared widely on social media and is inadvertently seen by many when it pops up in their feeds who would rather not see it, including friends and family of the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Absolutely they do. The underground forums and communication mediums are bad enough but this, IMO, will actually INSPIRE other people filled with hate to do something similar. For those that have similar hate and stances to this fellow, he'll be glorified the same way the Norwegian guy from 2011 is.
                                The ****bag that did this looked at the other ****bag that did the shooting in Quebec as some sort of hero.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X