Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stomach Hernia Surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stomach Hernia Surgery

So just seeing if anyone on here has been gutted open like a fish for a stomach hernia. If so, is it day surgery or overnight and what is the down time and/or inactivity time?
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
    So just seeing if anyone on here has been gutted open like a fish for a stomach hernia. If so, is it day surgery or overnight and what is the down time and/or inactivity time?
    Not gutted like a fish, I had laparoscopy for my hernia which was closer down to the groin area. It was day surgery and I had to take it easy for a few days.

Comment

Cutting it a little close to golfing season, aren't ya?

Comment

Had double intestinal hernia surgery, the one where they put the mesh in. I won't lie to you dawg it hurts and it hurts for months

Comment

Had stomach hernia years back. They went in through belly button and sewed it up. I had it done in am and could have went home that afternoon if I would of had a ride. Was done Feb 1 and didn't start working til early April. A couple years later it failed and Doc said if it not bothering me to just leave it. That was at least 3 years ago. Original plan was to put mesh in but Doc changed his mind and just sewed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
            Had double intestinal hernia surgery, the one where they put the mesh in. I won't lie to you dawg it hurts and it hurts for months
            I have the mesh as well. For me, the first week was the worst and it was awhile before I was operational again.

Comment

I guess I will find out Monday how long I am on the waiting list. Likely there goes golf season
              Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 03-12-2019, 03:59 PM.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I guess I will find out Monday how long I am on the waiting list. Likely there goes golf season
                Get your name in at Estevan.....Lot shorter list

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Get your name in at Estevan.....Lot shorter list
                  Or weyburn at the time I got mine done the same surgeon covered both hospitals

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Or weyburn at the time I got mine done the same surgeon covered both hospitals
                    My name was in at Regina and Estevan at the same time. Surgery was done at Estevan.....6 months later got called from Regina to get it done
                    Last edited by Grainshoveler; 03-12-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

You could be waiting a long time depending how bad it is. It took me over 6 months to get gallbladder surgery. Highly recommend looking at the surgical wait list and look to go with surgeons who have shorter wait lists.

Comment

Poor excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

My name was in at Regina and Weyburn at the same time. Surgery was done at Estevan.....6 months later got called from Regina to get it done
                          I think mine must have been serious I w was in in about 2 weeks. Had a lump sticking out of me bigger than a golf ball.

Comment

Never had it, known several who have. Lessons i've learned:
                            1 - Most hospitals have a policy of attempting a physical reset first. If the doc looks at at and says 'nope, failed' without trying, you get in right away.
                            2 - Recovery is very dependent on how bad it was. You will generally get a couple days laid up and then a month or 2 of nothing strenuous. I think it is a 5-10 lb lifting limit, which means nominal chores if that helps.

I remember years ago, when I was a kid, my grandpa had it. No intent to scare, because it is a pretty safe operation and it has likely improved piles, but there was an issue with his. Walking was not an issue, but he wasn't allowed to drive (breaking) and he had to go about 6 months only being allowed to life 5lb. He was bored as F, so every day he would walk to get a 6 pack and bring back 5 beer. 6 beer was technically too heavy, so he would sit outside of the liquor store and drink one before walking home lol
                            #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

I waited 9 months for my hernia operation. What bad idea it was to not make it a priority get on the list immediately.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X