Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US College Cheating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
    Lori Loughlin could be the hottest mom of college aged kids!

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post
      I thought this was standard admittance procedure down there. Rich folks bribing and cheating to get their precious little ones into a good school.
      Same sh.t everywhere not just the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post
        I thought this was standard admittance procedure down there. Rich folks bribing and cheating to get their precious little ones into a good school.
        This guy found a way to take a zero off the cost though, pay him 200K rather than par the school 2M

Comment

I don't get the impression that there's as much pressure in Canada for kids to get into the "right" college lest they be doomed to mediocrity. I could be totally out of touch on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            I don't get the impression that there's as much pressure in Canada for kids to get into the "right" college lest they be doomed to mediocrity. I could be totally out of touch on this.
            We don't really have an "Ivy League" that I am aware of, although we have certain schools that are seen as better than others for certain things. Queens and McGill seem to be pretty high on themselves as that "Ivy League of Canada" Role perhaps.

Comment

https://www.macleans.ca/education/un...putation-2019/

For certain programs, there absolutely are better universities than others.

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

https://www.macleans.ca/education/un...putation-2019/

For certain programs, there absolutely are better universities than others.
                Sure. But do many Saskatchewan parents really care that their kids get into one of the top ten? Does having a BA from McGill get you a better job in Regina than a degree from the UofR or UofS?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

We don't really have an "Ivy League" that I am aware of, although we have certain schools that are seen as better than others for certain things. Queens and McGill seem to be pretty high on themselves as that "Ivy League of Canada" Role perhaps.
                  All doctorate schools are not created equal.

Comment

Well we don't have the SAT system in Canada so a big part of this scam is already not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

All doctorate schools are not created equal.
                      I suppose not, but I think once people are getting PHD's, well, they are going to the school and researcher they want to work with, and one from Queens vs one from U of S is not a crucial distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                        Well we don't have the SAT system in Canada so a big part of this scam is already not available.
                        Yes, and I am not sure coaches have much say on admissions either.

Comment

What has to really tick people off is the stuff on Laughlin's daughter when you hear she has a you-tube channel where she says she's not really into school and going for the parties and game day experience? Just horrible that someone like this gets to the front of the line. Another one of those useless celebrity kids from LA who live off mommy and daddy's income

Comment

Sure. But do many Saskatchewan parents really care that their kids get into one of the top ten? Does having a BA from McGill get you a better job in Regina than a degree from the UofR or UofS?
                            Iím with you on that. At an undergrad level, which Canadian university your degree came from isnít that important. Some schools might have a better reputation in certain fields, but it doesnít affect employability that much. Might be different at a graduate level, but thatís a different world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Iím with you on that. At an undergrad level, which Canadian university your degree came from isnít that important. Some schools might have a better reputation in certain fields, but it doesnít affect employability that much. Might be different at a graduate level, but thatís a different world.
                              Completely agree. I have one manager who reports to me with a degree from McGill, and another who did theirs through distance at Athabasca. In Canada we donít put as much onus on where you went to school, just that you showed the ability to learn. Of course there is some specialty areas, but for the most part a degree is a degree. Heck I manage those folks without one lol.

Comment

That is quite the number.
                                The U.S. college admissions scandal has triggered private litigation, accusing rich, well-connected parents of buying spots for their children at prestigious schools, and keeping children of less wealthy parents out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X