Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skynyrd Concert in Regina Last Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Where do you live? Lol.....Everybody out in the sticks where I live knew where it was.
    I'm in Regina. Not my cup of tea so I paid no attention to advertisements. I've never heard anyone describe the acoustics at Brandt center in a positive way which threw me off

Comment

It was an awesome show. I don't care if they're not all original members, I could listen to those guys jam for hours.
      Is it May yet?

Comment

Kind of related, in that its also "Southern Rock", but John Fogerty is apparently coming as well soon. My son would like to go as he is learning a lot of CCR songs in his band. Does John sing the CCR songs? Has anyone seen him recently? Worth going?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
          It was an awesome show. I don't care if they're not all original members, I could listen to those guys jam for hours.
          And that seems to be the general consensus among those that went. I would have liked to go but the guitars would have set off the old lady's tinnitus.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
            Kind of related, in that its also "Southern Rock", but John Fogerty is apparently coming as well soon. My son would like to go as he is learning a lot of CCR songs in his band. Does John sing the CCR songs? Has anyone seen him recently? Worth going?
            Yes he usually sings a bunch of CCR. I've seen him the last two times he's been through and definitely worth going to see.

Comment

I saw him a couple years ago up here in Saskatoon. I wasn’t impressed with the show, he seemed to want to be anywhere other than on that stage. Maybe it was a bad night but I won’t be going to any of his shows again.

Comment

We went last time he was in Regina, and he put on a great show. Lots of CCR songs. For fun, tell your son to count how many different guitars John plays. I tried, but lost count somewhere past 20 I think.

Is it May yet?

Comment

We went last time he was in Regina, and he put on a great show. Lots of CCR songs. For fun, tell your son to count how many different guitars John plays. I tried, but lost count somewhere past 20 I think.
                  For sure! One of the best guitar players out there and usually travels with a great band including Kenny Aronoff on drums.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

For sure! One of the best guitar players out there and usually travels with a great band including Kenny Aronoff on drums.
                    Now that would be worth the price of admission alone.

Comment

That's who was drumming for him when he was in Regina 5 or 6 years ago. It was an awesome show and Fogerty could still sing and wail on the guitar like some one 30 years younger. I'm not sure what happened in Saskatoon according to that one poster but he seemed to be enjoying himself when he played here.

Comment

Sidebar: Kenny's book is well worth a read. The guy never takes a break from working.
                        Sex, Drums, Rock 'n' Roll!: The Hardest Hitting Man in Show Business: Kenny Aronoff: 9781495007934: Books - Amazon.ca

Comment

he has a lot of guitars but I think the fancy green one is his favorite

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X