Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skynyrd Concert in Regina Last Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skynyrd Concert in Regina Last Night

Outstanding. They rocked the place for old guys like me. My son who is my concert buddy was so happy when they played sweet home Alabama he was so happy he was almost in tears. Got to admit Freebird had me tearing up a bit. Classic Rock song.

Randy Bachman, well that was a pleasant surprise. I now know why when he is referred to as a Canadian rock legend and icon. I thought it would be just BTO songs but was ecstatic when they started rocking Guess Who songs. Loved the old school cowbell in some songs.

Great show. Saw Lotus there But was in the merch line so couldnít go over to say Hi.

Overall got to admit, one of the best concerts ever for this old bastage.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
    Outstanding. They rocked the place for old guys like me. My son who is my concert buddy was so happy when they played sweet home Alabama he was so happy he was almost in tears. Got to admit Freebird had me tearing up a bit. Classic Rock song.

Randy Bachman, well that was a pleasant surprise. I now know why when he is referred to as a Canadian rock legend and icon. I thought it would be just BTO songs but was ecstatic when they started rocking Guess Who songs. Loved the old school cowbell in some songs.

Great show. Saw Lotus there But was in the merch line so couldnít go over to say Hi.

Saw Skynyrd a few years back in Estevan. Put on an outstanding show there as well. Knew every song they played. Even met the band.

Comment

Glad you and the boy enjoyed it. Did Bachman play any Ironhorse stuff?

Comment

Your concert buddy. Thatís really cool! Glad he enjoyed it.

Comment

Didnít even know they were here , I guess if you donít listen to local radio you are out of the loop.

Comment

Should have yelled

Randy Bachman was awesome! First time I saw him since back in his BTO days. Was kind of surprised when Randy introduced his son Tal as a member of his band and he played his radio hit "She's So High". Shakin' All Over gave me goosebumps,

Speaking of goosebumps with Sknyrd it was a solid rush from start to finish. What an amazing performance along with stage production while they played hit after hit. The sound quality had got to be the best I have ever heard in that barn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

Should have yelled

Randy Bachman was awesome! First time I saw him since back in his BTO days. Was kind of surprised when Randy introduced his son Tal as a member of his band and he played his radio hit "She's So High". Shakin' All Over gave me goosebumps,

Speaking of goosebumps with Sknyrd it was a solid rush from start to finish. What an amazing performance along with stage production while they played hit after hit. The sound quality had got to be the best I have ever heard in that barn.
              Where was the show?

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Where was the show?
                Brandt Center. Looked close to being sold out. Lots of Biker Leather in the crowd! Paid $15 for "Preferred Parking". Parked within 50 yards of the back doors and after the show hopped into the truck and was out of there within a couple of minutes.

Wanted to get a shirt but the merch table lineup was crazy. They were selling double CD's for $20 wiuth the proceeds going to the Shriners Children's Hospital which included an entry for an autographed guitar. Missed it by only two numbers.
                Last edited by Lotus; 03-10-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I saw them in Estevan a few years ago and they put on a great show.

I got home and did a wiki search and realized they were all basically professional studio musicians posing as rednecks expect like one original member.

Still a grear show.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

I got home and did a wiki search and realized they were all basically professional studio musicians posing as rednecks expect like one original member.

Still a grear show.
                    Yeah, a lot of those acts are playing you (us) for money. Larry the Cable Guy and Kid Rock are two other examples. Doesn't much matter if you're entertained though.

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Where was the show?
                      Where do you live? Lol.....Everybody out in the sticks where I live knew where it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

Still a grear show.
                        Really? Do you have a clue about the history of the band and how they got to where they are today? With all they have gone through it is amazing that the surviving members kept it going all these years.

Comment

Free Bird and Simple Man are great songs.

Comment

Comment

Great cover of JJ Cale's They Call Me the Breeze.

Another great tune written by Steve Gaines

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X