Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Boeing 737-8 crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

All of them
    No doubt. The FAA has to be feeling the pressure, from all sides. If I were them, Iíd be erring on the side of extreme caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

No doubt. The FAA has to be feeling the pressure, from all sides. If I were them, Iíd be erring on the side of extreme caution.
      Boeing should be saying we have no reason to think there is anything wrong with the plane, if its flown correctly, but until we know this for certain, its best to park them.

Comment

Canada should follow the lead of other countries and ground this plane until it's proven safe.

Comment

350 Max 8s, 2 crashed. 1/175 loss has to be about the worst rate since the Comet. Would not fly in one until it's fixed for sure.

Comment

The wife just told me that France and Britain have banned it from flying in their airspace. She watches the BBC news on her tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

Boeing should be saying we have no reason to think there is anything wrong with the plane, if its flown correctly, but until we know this for certain, its best to park them.
              If you were flying on one this week would you get on or cancel your flight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                350 Max 8s, 2 crashed. 1/175 loss has to be about the worst rate since the Comet. Would not fly in one until it's fixed for sure.
                Pulling them from service or playing the percentages of 3 going down in flames

Looks like they've decided to play the percentages and lives,that in this day and age of engineering and tech, 3 going down is impossible

Edit: virtually impossible
                Last edited by Shotgun; 03-12-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

"I donít know about you, but I donít want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!" ...from Trump

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

It would be a really tough call right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Both westjet and Air Canada operate the 737 Maxís. Iím a bit surprised we havenít followed suit.

The stress level at Boeing must be off the charts at the moment trying to determine if thereís more than coincidence here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Both westjet and Air Canada operate the 737 Maxís. Iím a bit surprised we havenít followed suit.

The stress level at Boeing must be off the charts at the moment trying to determine if thereís more than coincidence here.
                        By not pulling them from service Boeing has made the presumption

Big gamble....imo

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Big gamble....imo
                          Agreed. Your 1/175 stat is really scary.

I have seven flights this week, fortunately none are on 737 Maxís.

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

Daughter and husband just did the Vancouver - Kona run on a Max8 last night, we did the same a few weeks ago. Nice new plane. Will be going home on the same in a few weeks. Not concerned. We are probably in greater danger of being killed by an earthquake/tsunami right now. I think I will have another mai tai now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Big gamble....imo
                              Or they are making a decision based on the facts they know and not idle internet speculation?

Comment

The message I get is more like don't fly on an Ethiopian airline, than avoid a plane that AC, WJ, AA, Boeing and the civil aviation authorities of Canada and the USA say is safe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X