Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Boeing 737-8 crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

Getting your conspiracy theories from CNN? I'm not sure how that is relevant.

How many crashed that weren't being operated in 3rd world countries?
    How many flew and did NOT crash in the same time frame?
    I bet two chevys crashed today, better take them all off the road.
    Ford puts out one F 150 out of the factory every minute, Boeing puts out a 737 max the rate of 42 per month. The thing is if 2 of these planes go down in 6 months the whole world takes note, it would take 1000 F-150s in a month all exploding for no reason for anyone to take notice.

It is suspicious anyway a person cuts with the similarities we know 24 hours after the second crash.

Now I dont feel that getting on one of these planes in North America would be an issue, but like you noted earlier, these 2 accidents happened in basically a third world country where training and such might not be up to our standards and that alone would make me nervous about getting on one over there.

Comment

Some interesting vids from a 737 pilot (800 I believe) that discusses the Lion Air incident.
      The first vid is previous to the preliminary NTSB report but gives a good description of the problem with the 737 8 Max.
      The second vid is after the preliminary NTSB report.

Again both these vids are about possibilities with the Lion crash and may or may not have anything to do with the Ethiopian crash.

In any case, if you watch these two vids you too can make anonymous posts in a plane crash thread and impress people with your knowledge.
      At the least it gives you an idea of what people/media may be talking about in the next few days if people start talking about Angle of attack sensors, MCAS, trim, memory checklists etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfQW0upkVus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZfeFJ9n0I

Comment

No they didn't, this is a complete lie.
        So all the pilots and the association said there wasn't any mention of this new system in their training were lying ?
        The FAA certified the airplane and approved its air worthiness but yet somehow didn't think the training is necessary and so was Boeing.
        300 lives lost and they blamed in on training or lack of. What about something like an indicator that this system is on ? I bet there is none.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

There were not any crashes but there were incidents with the release of the Airbus A380. I remember that Quantas grounded all of their A380s after their incident.
          And there were fire/smoke issues with the 787, but this is different.

This plane should not be in the air until its known what these 2 very similar crashes had in common. There is no proof that its the plane at this point, but there is certainly too great a chance that it is.

Comment

Getting your conspiracy theories from CNN? I'm not sure how that is relevant.

How many crashed that weren't being operated in 3rd world countries?
            How many flew and did NOT crash in the same time frame?
            I bet two chevys crashed today, better take them all off the road.
            If 1/2 of 1% of Chevys crossed the ditch into oncoming traffic in the 1st few weeks they were driven, you better believe they would all be recalled until it was proven that the lane assist or some other system was causing it.
            Last edited by voice of reason; 03-12-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

This plane should not be in the air until its known what these 2 very similar crashes had in common. There is no proof that its the plane at this point, but there is certainly too great a chance that it is.
              You know if another similar crash happens everyone will be grounding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

You know if another similar crash happens everyone will be grounding them.
                If another crash happens, Boeing executives will be in prison.

Comment

If another crash happens, Boeing executives will be in prison.
                  And depending where in the world it happens they may be facing an incredible number of lawsuits. If it is proven Boeing messed something up.

Comment

European countries including UK, France, Germany banned Max8 from arriving and departing their airspace.
                    Last edited by voice of reason; 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the FAA changes its mind after the UK suspended the plane from its airspace?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
                        I wonder if the FAA changes its mind after the UK suspended the plane from its airspace?
                        Politics play a large part in that.

Comment

Remember the Challenger ?

Boeing is going all-in that itís not a 737 flaw

Comment

Politics play a large part in that.
                            Between who? Thereís several possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Between who? Thereís several possibilities
                              All of them

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Remember the Challenger ?

Boeing is going all-in that itís not a 737 flaw
                                There are such things as coincidences but I don't know. Can't take chances when planes are falling out of the skies. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this quickly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X