Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Boeing 737-8 crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFIOttawa View Post
    They need to disable of this MCAS system until the investigation is completed. You can't rely on pilots to deal with these critical situation on an overly sensitive control system or faulty device (sensors) especially during take off and landing. The worst part is that was the reason why Boeing didn't publish more details about this system when they quietly introduced it on this new plane.
    This is ridiculous. It's just as likely this plane had a bomb on it. Don't fly on airlines with ****ty pilots and ****ty MX history.

The FAA has put out a statement today re-iterating the airworthiness of the 737 Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

What about the captain? How many hours did he have? I think insinuating pilot error is premature.
      So is insinuating that Boeing and the FAA are lying about the airframe. Or insinuating that MCAS has anything to do with this crash.

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

So is insinuating that Boeing and the FAA are lying about the airframe. Or insinuating that MCAS has anything to do with this crash.
        When was the last time there were 2 major crashes of weeks old planes of the same model? Boeing will get it fixed but this event is so rare that pretending the hardware had nothing to do with it is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

When was the last time there were 2 major crashes of weeks old planes of the same model?
          Getting your conspiracy theories from CNN? I'm not sure how that is relevant.

How many crashed that weren't being operated in 3rd world countries?
          How many flew and did NOT crash in the same time frame?
          I bet two chevys crashed today, better take them all off the road.

Comment

My point is youíre being a premature teenage drama queen. Letís let things play out.

Comment

My point is youíre being a premature teenage drama queen. Letís let things play out.
              I'm the drama queen? I'm not the people saying not to fly on this plane or that they should be grounded.
              I'm the guy trying to tone down other peoples drama.

The damn FAA just put out a release today saying that the plane is fine because so many drama queens are twisting in their tutus to spread the nonsense, including on this forum.

Comment

I'm the drama queen? I'm not the people saying not to fly on this plane or that they should be grounded.
                I'm the guy trying to tone down other peoples drama.

The damn FAA just put out a release today saying that the plane is fine because so many drama queens are twisting in their tutus to spread the nonsense, including on this forum.
                Maybe Iím mistaken but you mentioned that the copilot has limited hours in the air. That likely had nothing to do with the crash and is insinuating and uncalled for. It was a tragedy. Maybe it was pilot error, maybe it was mechanical. Letís let things come out first. From what I know, very seldomly is it pilot error. Those folks are incredibly skilled professionals.

Comment

Maybe Iím mistaken but you mentioned that the copilot has limited hours in the air. That likely had nothing to do with the crash and is insinuating and uncalled for. It was a tragedy. Maybe it was pilot error, maybe it was mechanical. Letís let things come out first. From what I know, very seldomly is it pilot error. Those folks are incredibly skilled professionals.
                  I did mention that, because it is a fact of the crash. Even if it turns out that it somehow was an issue related to MCAS, a co-pilot who has no experience is still relevant.

Insinuating and uncalled for?
                  From the guy who's forum name is an insulting nickname for a local media guy?
                  You should change it to Gossip Girl after the uncalled for insinuations you made about Jones. Talk about a drama queen.

Comment

The FAA is requiring design changed, sounds like they know there are problems with the system.

Comment

The FAA is requiring design changed, sounds like they know there are problems with the system.
                      Specifically:

"flight control system enhancements, which provide reduced reliance on procedures associated with required pilot memory items"

Which would lead to me further suspecting pilot error, not plane malfunctions.

They also mentioned again the continued airworthiness of the plane.

Comment

From the guy who's forum name is an insulting nickname for a local media guy?.
                        Say what? Pretty sure Bingo Arms have been around the world long before Mitch Blair shuffled in, stained in poutine gravy. Sorry my user name upsets you. As for yours, maybe go find a girl and get some relief from that. I feel sorry for you, drama queen.

Comment

When was the last time there were 2 major crashes of weeks old planes of the same model? Boeing will get it fixed but this event is so rare that pretending the hardware had nothing to do with it is crazy.
                          There were not any crashes but there were incidents with the release of the Airbus A380. I remember that Quantas grounded all of their A380s after their incident.

Comment

Boeing, WTF?
                            Did they hire some Microsoft designers ? They had a product that worked fine for 30 years; then they ďimprovedĒ it and now theyíre falling out of the skies left and right.

Comment

This is ridiculous. It's just as likely this plane had a bomb on it. Don't fly on airlines with ****ty pilots and ****ty MX history.

The FAA has put out a statement today re-iterating the airworthiness of the 737 Max.
                              Why is it ridiculous ? You don't think the airlines should put their passenger's safety first ?
                              The same FAA also put out the mandatory training now after 300 lives were lost ?. Clearly they didn't know enough about this system and mandate the pilot training as required.

Comment

Originally posted by RFIOttawa View Post

Why is it ridiculous ? You don't think the airlines should put their passenger's safety first ?
                                The same FAA also put out the mandatory training now after 300 lives were lost ?. Clearly they didn't know enough about this system and mandate the pilot training as required.
                                No they didn't, this is a complete lie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X