Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Boeing 737-8 crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

The software isn't faulty, it worked as intended. However, in the first crash a faulty sensor created a predicament that the pilots failed to deal with properly.
    I really doubt the same thing happened on the second crash due to the publicity and focus on ensuring Pilots read the manual and knew the proper procedures after Lion Air.
    I am also an aeronautics fan, like yourself. I don’t necessarily believe the planes are faulty. What it sounds more like is that the upgrades done to the systems/software were not paired with Boeing’s usual in-depth training programs, and it was left to the airlines to update the pilots. The new systems have a different handling process than the older 737s. If these pilots with a multitude of hours on the earlier generation haven’t been properly updated, they will naturally try to correct with their older knowledge. So I guess you could say both software and pilot error, depending on the side of the coin you are looking at. Just my opinion based on very limited initial information.

Comment

• panicked 737 fliers are finding mid-flight that their aircraft will immediately be grounded upon landing at their destinations...…..haha

Edit: Seems these passengers could use a dose of Mixer's soothing serenade
      Last edited by Shotgun; 03-13-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• What the **** is your deal man? I made the outrageous suggestion that decisions are being made based on known facts. God forbid!

Comment

• Originally posted by mixer View Post
          What the **** is your deal man? I made the outrageous suggestion that decisions are being made based on known facts. God forbid!
          Lol. I think you have a fan/stalker.

Comment

What the **** is your deal man? I made the outrageous suggestion that decisions are being made based on known facts. God forbid!
            Did you kick his dog? Seems very much a personal call out lol

Comment

Please there is no need for pettiness

Thoughts and prayers to all those panicking at 30,000 ft

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Please there is no need for pettiness

Thoughts and prayers to all those panicking at 30,000 ft
                You're one whacko dude. Did you have a relative on one of the two crashes or something?

Comment

• FAA seems to have been taken aback by the Ethiopian decision to send the black boxes to France.

US officials and Boeing had argued to keep the planes operating in the wake of the fatal crash but changed course in light of new information.
                  The Federal Aviation Administration ordered the temporary grounding, citing "new evidence collected at the site and analyzed" and "refined satellite data."
                  Elwell told reporters the agency had held off on the grounding because they expected to have more flight data by now. The process has been "lengthened" unexpectedly, he said.
                  "We had been hopeful all along that with these black boxes being discovered so soon after the incident that we could get them on a table" Elwell said.
                  https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/world...ntl/index.html

Comment

You're one whacko dude. Did you have a relative on one of the two crashes or something?
                    ummm….If you cant stay on topic I'll sick pappcam on you

thank you.

Comment

• Actual picture taken moments after the FAA made the decision to ground the Max

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
                          That would tend to refute any argument that the plane and its systems are perfect and it was just the fault of idiot pilots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Pulling them from service or playing the percentages of 3 going down in flames

Looks like they've decided to play the percentages and lives,that in this day and age of engineering and tech, 3 going down is impossible

Edit: virtually impossible
                            My math teacher taught me an ace has no memory. Are you implying that because 2 went down already that a third is even less likely?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

My math teacher taught me an ace has no memory. Are you implying that because 2 went down already that a third is even less likely?
                              I was just throwing out an assumption as to why the fleet was not yet grounded

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

That would tend to refute any argument that the plane and its systems are perfect and it was just the fault of idiot pilots.
                                I prefer listening to the facts over sloppy journalism.

No plane and systems are perfect, and the first one was the fault of a mix of rushed/incompetent mechanical work by an airline with a history of that and untrained pilots.
                                The second crash will also come down to a variety of issues with the MCAS playing a minor role. Wait for the NTSB report.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X