Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IVF for Family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVF for Family

My wife and I have been told that the only way for us to have a family is by exploring the ivf route. Has anyone had any experience with this or with the clinic in the province? We arent sure if we want to do it here or go out of province The cost is already outrageous. Too bad the government didnt cover this like they do in Quebec.
    Last edited by Saskatoon_riderfan; 03-08-2019, 05:56 PM.

Adoption is a valid route and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
      If you want a child tommorrow , you can have a fetal alcohol First Nations kid. If you want a healthy white child, be prepared to wait at least ten years, if it even happens at all.

As for IVF, be prepared to get your heart broken.

Also stop with the go fund me stuff. Your situation really isn't that unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

If you want a child tommorrow , you can have a fetal alcohol First Nations kid. If you want a healthy white child, be prepared to wait at least ten years, if it even happens at all.

I think the 10 years is a little excessive. I know a couple that were able to adopt a child after waiting for 3 years.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of a GoFundMe for everything either but I don't think being a a$$hole is going to help this couples situation

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

I'm not a big fan of a GoFundMe for everything either but I don't think being a a$$hole is going to help this couples situation
            1 in 6 couples in Canada are having fertility problems. Mostly to do with the fact couples are getting married later and trying to start families later. I bet there are people on this board in the same situation.

I don't mean to be a dick but....come on.

Comment

1 in 6 couples in Canada are having fertility problems. Mostly to do with the fact couples are getting married later and trying to start families later. I bet there are people on this board in the same situation.

I thought 1 in 6 couples in Canada were gay so that might be a small part of the problem.

Comment

If you don't mean to be a dick then dont post your two bits at the end.

Those seem like some pretty drastic numbers.
                Women having kids in their 40s isnt uncommon so I wonder what portion of that 1 in 6 is age related and not physically related.

Still seems like pretty high numbers.

Comment

We had to go the IVF route for our 1st daughter. We met with the clinic in Calgary and the one here in Saskatoon. We ended up staying in Saskatoon as we couldn’t justify the cost of traveling back and forth on top of everything but liked the Calgary clinic better. This was when the Saskatoon clinic was still located in the hospital. The process is long and taxing and isn’t guaranteed to work. We went through a couple of cycles of different things lots of pills, needles, specific timing for all of those as well as all the appointments. We ended up successful with our last embryo.

2 years later we were surprised to find out that we conceived twins the old fashioned way so you never know what the body is capable of.

I wish you guys luck in whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

If you don't mean to be a dick then dont post your two bits at the end.

Those seem like some pretty drastic numbers.
                    Women having kids in their 40s isnt uncommon so I wonder what portion of that 1 in 6 is age related and not physically related.

Still seems like pretty high numbers.
                    That can be everything from a low sperm count to irregular cycles to more complex issues.

Comment

Colleague went this route and ended up getting it done in Minneapolis. I quit asking what it cost but it was over 6 figures. They were both in there 40's so a little late to start a family but they desperately wanted kids. Ended up with healthy twins.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
                        This. There's so very many children that desperately need a home that it pains me when I see people going to lengths to avoid helping those innocent children while trying to purchase a designer baby.
                        Last edited by Touchdown; 03-10-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

This. There's so very may children that desperately need a home that it pains me when I see people going to lengths to avoid helping those innocent children while trying to purchase a designer baby.
                          How many of those innocent children have you helped?

Comment

This. There's so very may children that desperately need a home that it pains me when I see people going to lengths to avoid helping those innocent children while trying to purchase a designer baby.
                            There are very few new borns placed up for adoption in Canada anymore. If there is a new born available it's usually fetal alcohol, disabled or some First Nations kid that's going to hate you later in life. Me and my wife tried this route. It sucks.

The need is for foster parents to help older children. Lots of damaged kids from damaged homes. It's takes more than love and a desire to have a family to make these situations work.

Comment

Since when is someone wanting a biological child a “designer baby?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X