Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. RCMP have laid 7 cannabis-related impaired driving charges since legalization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

No. Not the case. That is exactly what they are. Tasty candies, that look like chocolate, suckers, gummy bears, and lots of other treats

https://budderweeds.com/product-category/edibles/
    I know, for now, but I would expect the government sanctioned edibles next year will be different. Could be wrong, but I知 guessing in the name of child safety they値l require them to be less candy like.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I know, for now, but I would expect the government sanctioned edibles next year will be different. Could be wrong, but I知 guessing in the name of child safety they値l require them to be less candy like.
      I'm guessing there is little chance of that, as companies have already invested mega bucks on it all and will continue to lobby against it in a huge way. They will settle on significant package labelling. Seeing as this product is already available here, good luck changing it.
      Last edited by Beacon.x; 03-11-2019, 07:24 AM.
      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

I think the solution for edibles is opaque packaging that痴 difficult to open. That should address a lot of the concerns with being attractive to children.

Comment

Didn't the government ban those little pretend candy cigarettes and things like that? I agree with you that they'll have an uphill battle to try to bring candy looking edibles to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

Didn't the government ban those little pretend candy cigarettes and things like that? I agree with you that they'll have an uphill battle to try to bring candy looking edibles to the store.
            You can't buy Popeye cigarettes, but you can buy Popeye candy sticks.

Comment

Yes, but for different reasons. That would so candy does not promote actual smoking to kids.

This would be more of a safety issue I would think. I'm sure its happened that a kid finds a bag of pot gummie bears and downs a few thinking they are just gummie bears. Not a good situation.

Comment

Yes, but for different reasons. That would so candy does not promote actual smoking to kids.

This would be more of a safety issue I would think. I'm sure its happened that a kid finds a bag of pot gummie bears and downs a few thinking they are just gummie bears. Not a good situation.
                Just like other poisonous elements that could be found around a home, the onus is on the owner/parent to properly secure and store away edibles.

They didn稚 stop making Tide pods because of stupidity and carelessness.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Just like other poisonous elements that could be found around a home, the onus is on the owner/parent to properly secure and store away edibles.

They didn稚 stop making Tide pods because of stupidity and carelessness.
                  Maybe not, but on their advertising I see they know seal them in a child safe container with a more secure lid.

Comment

Maybe not, but on their advertising I see they know seal them in a child safe container with a more secure lid.
                    I would think packaging is part of the risk management and where feasible package products in containers with secure lids.

Comment

I would think packaging is part of the risk management and where feasible package products in containers with secure lids.
                      I agree, but they're not exactly making potentially dangerous cleaners and chemicals and putting them in bright coloured bottles, or shaping them like candy either.

Comment

But really, what does it matter if its the shape of a bear or just a dull coloured cube. Is anyone buying it for that factor anyway?

Comment

But really, what does it matter if its the shape of a bear or just a dull coloured cube. Is anyone buying it for that factor anyway?
                          I agree and I don't care how it looks either. However pretty hard to make a cookie or brownie look any different to a kid than a regular cookie or brownie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X