Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headphones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
    Ok, I have done some research the Audio-Technica seem to be getting better reviewed than the Sennheiser. Anybody heard of Audio-Technica? Also if I go blue tooth I would need a transmitter, as my receiver and tv don't transmit. Does anybody have any experience with them? I also would like to be able to use it in the basement on another tv, wired would be easier but blue tooth would be nicer. Lol
    What should I do?
    I have a wired set of Audio-Technica headphones. They're just the cheap M30 model but they sound good to me for the amount I use them.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

How well do they cancel outside noise?
      Not bad, not great - I had to schlep our basketball team to a tournament in Porcupine Plain (hence the urgent need to replace a lost pair I'll almost certainly find in the next few days) so I was listening in a gym full of people and games going on. During warmups, when 20 balls are bouncing, the ambient noise was pretty obvious. When a game was on, they were pretty decent. For the OP if he wants to be watching TV with them, they'll be just fine. I was listening in the car and while I could hear my wife nag at me, it was fairly well-muffled.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Not bad, not great - I had to schlep our basketball team to a tournament in Porcupine Plain (hence the urgent need to replace a lost pair I'll almost certainly find in the next few days) so I was listening in a gym full of people and games going on. During warmups, when 20 balls are bouncing, the ambient noise was pretty obvious. When a game was on, they were pretty decent. For the OP if he wants to be watching TV with them, they'll be just fine. I was listening in the car and while I could hear my wife nag at me, it was fairly well-muffled.
        So you go to your kids events and wear over the ear headphones while you're watching? You also wear them driving?

Comment

... I was listening in the car and while I could hear my wife nag at me, it was fairly well-muffled.
          LOL. You made me laugh .Nagging? Just important info you should hear.

I think I do need to invest in noise cancelling headphones for our upcoming flight to and from Europe.I was ready to do dire to an autistic kid in the next row in our cattle car back to Canada a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

So you go to your kids events and wear over the ear headphones while you're watching? You also wear them driving?
            I was driving the van for the school basketball team. I don't play basketball. I don't coach basketball. My kids are 4 and zero years old. Hell yes, I listen to my headphones while other school's teams are playing, however I generally take them off while my school's team is playing. Sometimes I don't though. Scandalous, I know, right? Man, what a jerk I am for having headphones over my ears while giving up my weekend to chaperone a bunch of students so can play in a basketball tournament in Porcupine Plain. How dare I listen to music or a podcast while they're playing!

My wife has her driver's license, too. She's had it for about 18 years, actually. Because it was so close to International Women's Day, I chivalrously permitted her to drive the vehicle she owns, and it was her behind the wheel when I was listening in the car. She had her book on the vehicle stereo, I had a podcast on my phones.
            Last edited by Andy; 03-08-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I was driving the van for the school basketball team. I don't play basketball. I don't coach basketball. My kids are 4 and zero years old. Hell yes, I listen to my headphones while other school's teams are playing, however I generally take them off while my school's team is playing. Sometimes I don't though. Scandalous, I know, right? Man, what a jerk I am for having headphones over my ears while giving up my weekend to chaperone a bunch of students so can play in a basketball tournament in Porcupine Plain. How dare I listen to music or a podcast while they're playing!

My wife has her driver's license, too. She's had it for about 18 years, actually. Because it was so close to International Women's Day, I chivalrously permitted her to drive the vehicle she owns, and it was her behind the wheel when I was listening in the car. She had her book on the vehicle stereo, I had a podcast on my phones.
              I'm somehow supposed to know you well enough that when you say "our basketball team" it means you really have nothing to do with it? I'm also supposed to know that when you say "I" had to drive the basketball team you actually meant your wife?

I just found it odd about you wearing headphones based on your original story which was apparently lacking many details.

Comment

People who wear earphones while driving should get fined.

Comment

... My wife has her driver's license, too. She's had it for about 18 years, actually. Because it was so close to International Women's Day, I chivalrously permitted her to drive the vehicle she owns, and it was her behind the wheel when I was listening in the car. She had her book on the vehicle stereo, I had a podcast on my phones.
                  Huge applause. I kinda have a side thing about guys who want her to slide over, after picking him up in her vehicle, so that he can feel manly and seven feet tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Huge applause. I kinda have a side thing about guys who want her to slide over, after picking him up in her vehicle, so that he can feel manly and seven feet tall.
                    Lots of assumptions here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Lots of assumptions here.
                      It could be. I often pick up male relatives in in my car, not theirs. I drive. It's my car and I pay for everything in it. I know that there is always this expectation that men should drive, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

It could be. I often pick up male relatives in in my car, not theirs. I drive. It's my car and I pay for everything in it. I know that there is always this expectation that men should drive, though.
                        So since you do this thing, people who do it differently must be trying to be manly men?

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

So since you do this thing, people who do it differently must be trying to be manly men?
                          Honestly, I have no idea. I only do what I do.It was only a side comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                            People who wear earphones while driving should get fined.
                            You can be, potentially. One can be pulled over at any time, as police have the right to do a document check. If they have reason to presume someone's headphones were a significant distraction, a charge of driving without due care and attention could be laid.

However, they would have to prove they were a significant distraction in order to secure a conviction. It is not inherently illegal to drive while wearing headphones. Cab drivers, delivery people, etc. often wear some sort of headphone to communicate with dispatch, as an example.
                            Last edited by Andy; 03-08-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

You can be, potentially. One can be pulled over at any time, as police have the right to do a document check. If they have reason to presume someone's headphones were a significant distraction, a charge of driving without due care and attention could be laid.

However, they would have to prove they were a significant distraction in order to secure a conviction. It is not inherently illegal to drive while wearing headphones. Cab drivers, delivery people, etc. often wear some sort of headphone to communicate with dispatch, as an example.
                              You'd think the inability to hear the world around you would provide enough cause. For those people you mentioned, they usually just have the one ear piece I believe.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

How did this thread go sideways lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X