Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youngest Self-made Bilionaire Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C.M.Burns View Post
    Way, way, way too much of society's resources are devoted to two things:

1) celebrities/entertainment
    2) financial services
    Where are weed and beer on your list C.M.?

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

Where are weed and beer on your list C.M.?
      Somewhere well after Pepsi.

Comment

Originally posted by C.M.Burns View Post

Somewhere well after Pepsi.
        Oh Burnsy... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Oh Burnsy... LOL
          If it makes you feel better, Pepsi does rank slightly ahead of Justin Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

I don't dislike him but I don't revere him either. He doesn't do anything that unique or special, he's just had time on his side. And during periods when something unique or special was called for, he made the wrong moves.

Because of his sheer gravity, he plays on a way easier table than everyone else. Whatever he buys goes up automatically because of his name, and he gets to buy it for less on the same basis. If anyone had an automatic 10% advantage on every buy and 10% advantage on every sell, they'd look pretty good too. Again, there's nothing wrong with him and I do applaud the giving commitment, and he's a rock of sanity in a river of crazies, but I don't think he has any exceptional insight.
            In regards to his investing, which is how I was originally introduced to him, his general approach of disciplined patience over the long term through quality holdings (and dividends) simply aligned with me.

As for any investment premium due to his name, thatís due to a reputation thatís well earned imho.

Comment

I don't understand the Kardashian thing at all. Firstly I don't find any of them particularly attractive. I don't watch any of their shows and kim is the only one I could pick out of a lineup. To be fair to her she seems to have some marketing and business acumen. The other ones I don't know why they are famous?

Comment

I fell off my chair laughing at this when I first saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                  I don't understand the Kardashian thing at all. Firstly I don't find any of them particularly attractive. I don't watch any of their shows and kim is the only one I could pick out of a lineup. To be fair to her she seems to have some marketing and business acumen. The other ones I don't know why they are famous?
                  I think Kim and the Jenner girls are attractive, but the fact that they're famous for umm Kim's sextape, and a stupid reality show, just goes to show how dumb society is becoming. Actors and singers at least have some talent, the Kardashians... is taking selfies a talent now ?

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                    I think Kim and the Jenner girls are attractive, but the fact that they're famous for umm Kim's sextape, and a stupid reality show, just goes to show how dumb society is becoming. Actors and singers at least have some talent, the Kardashians... is taking selfies a talent now ?
                    yes actually and unfortunately
                    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                      Reality TV kicked this off, where normal shmucks can become famous for doing nothing but appearing on a tv show contest. Sometimes even gain high office.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Reality TV kicked this off, where normal shmucks can become famous for doing nothing but appearing on a tv show contest. Sometimes even gain high office.
                        Totally not a trollish post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X