Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Candy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
    25 years ago today actor and CFL fan John Candy passed away.

What I'd your favourite John Candy film?

Mine is a toss up between Planes, trains, and automobiles & Uncle Buck.

He was a funny man.
    Here's a quarter, go down town and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

Yes!

John Candy and Steve Martin play off each other brilliantly. So many hilarious scenes.
      PT&A: "Going the wrong way? Thats crazy, how could they possibly know where we're going?"

Blues Brothers: "Orange whip? Orange whip?"

Spaceballs: That damn Barf/dog character he played - I think of Trump every time I see that damn dog because of the hairstyle and half the time when I see Trump walking I think of that damn furry tail coming out of the back of Trumps suit and touching the closest woman on the *****. Cracks me up just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

Here's a quarter, go down town and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.
        A classic scene!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

A classic scene!!
          Agreed, just out of the wholesomeness of the entire scene. Where he says, I don't want to know a world where a 6 year old takes her career as a student seriously and isn't a dreamer and a silly muggins. How right he is about letting kids be kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
            Stripes was my favorite John Candy character in a movie followed by Splash. I don't know why in Splash the line that made me laugh and does every time I see it is when Tom Hanks is all happy and shows up on the work site and starts dancing with John Candy character who says, "Stop, not in front of the Teamsters."

As alluded to he appeared in some really good movies but for me his best work and the work I will always remember is SCTV.
            stripes after he got his buzz cut and either bill or Harold did the Russian dance to tease him as they thought he looked like a comrade I guess or was it Hare Krishna dance ?
            He once lost a bunch of weight on his doctors advice but thought he wasn't as funny as a thin guy so he put the weight back on
            Last edited by goaltender61; 03-04-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

The Tubes as his guests were excellent as well.

That show made me a fan of the Tubes. Sushi girl and Talk to Ya Later.

Comment

The Great Outdoors. I've never heard my dad laugh as hard as he did when John Candy shoots the bear in the *** lol.

Comment

Comment

Street Beef with Johnny LaRue

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

those aren't pillows!
                      The best part of that scene was right after they jump outta the bed and start talking about football

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                        Omg that was hilarious! Thanks for posting that. Took me back to those late nights watching SCTV in my youth. Talk about talent.

Comment

Comment

How could you not be fan of John Candy?...he was a great ambassador for the league and a great person
                            Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is by far my favourite John Candy movie. However, most of my favourite scenes my biggest laughs in it don't come from Candy. A lot of comic actors are not willing to play the straight man, giving up some of the biggest laughs to their co-stars and not needing to be "the guy" all the time. By all accounts, a great guy.
                              Last edited by Andy; 03-10-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X