Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Candy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Candy

25 years ago today actor and CFL fan John Candy passed away.

What I'd your favourite John Candy film?

Mine is a toss up between Planes, trains, and automobiles & Uncle Buck.

He was a funny man.

Not sure you can go wrong with any of his movies. Uncle Buck makes me laugh every time I watch it, I always get a kick out of Canadian Bacon, Planes Trains and Automobiles is also very good

Comment

My dad would often help the Away Teams visiting the Riders in the Early 90s. John Candy came with the Argos one game and invited him to Capitol Theatre to join all the Argos where he had rented out the whole place the night before a game.

Mom didn't believe him, but eventually relented, figuring she'd get at the very least, a movie date out of it. John Candy came right up to her and said Thanks for Coming.
      Last edited by nikolai_jergen; 03-04-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
        25 years ago today actor and CFL fan John Candy passed away.

What I'd your favourite John Candy film?

Mine is a toss up between Planes, trains, and automobiles & Uncle Buck.

He was a funny man.
        Yeah, those are the two best ones out there. Even where he played smaller roles, like the security guard in Vacation, he was hilarious.

HArd to believe he's been gone 25 years. Wow.

Comment

Jeepers , 25 years . Could hardly believe the day it happened . Planes has to be right up there with his all time great flickers , he was good in Back and To The Left as well.

SCTV He was a scene stealer . The better of the the two Schmengey brothers .

Comment

Great Outdoors with Dan Aykroyd was solid. All his movies had memorable moments.

Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Stripes was my favorite John Candy character in a movie followed by Splash. I don't know why in Splash the line that made me laugh and does every time I see it is when Tom Hanks is all happy and shows up on the work site and starts dancing with John Candy character who says, "Stop, not in front of the Teamsters."

As alluded to he appeared in some really good movies but for me his best work and the work I will always remember is SCTV.
              Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                Great Outdoors with Dan Aykroyd was solid. All his movies had memorable moments.
                This is another great movie I was thinking about as well.

Comment

I still remember the day I found out, was in St. Pete's College at the time...he was one of my favorites....The Great Outdoors is a regular one that I still watch...25 years, wow

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                    Stripes was my favorite John Candy character in a movie followed by Splash. I don't know why is Splash the line that made me laugh and does every time I see it is when Tom Hanks is all happy and shows up on the owrk site and start dancing with John Candy character who says, "Stop, not in front of the Teamsters."

As alluded to he appeared in some really good movies but for me his best work and the work I will always remember is SCTV.
                    I have to watch Stripes again...that was the first one I remember watching with John Candy and I was too young to watch it

Comment

Only the Lonely

John Candy was superb, as was Maureen OíHara and Ally Sheedy

i thinks itís underrated

Comment

Originally posted by St. Anger View Post

I have to watch Stripes again...that was the first one I remember watching with John Candy and I was too young to watch it
                        I watched it with my son. Very funny, but lots of nudity.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I watched it with my son. Very funny, but lots of nudity.
                          One of the channels on Access is playing lots of John Candy movies over the last 2 months so the kids and I watched Stripes over the holidays.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
                              Jeepers , 25 years . Could hardly believe the day it happened . Planes has to be right up there with his all time great flickers , he was good in Back and To The Left as well.

SCTV He was a scene stealer . The better of the the two Schmengey brothers .
                              His SCTV characters were classic:

Billy Sol Hurok
                              Mayor Tommy Shanks
                              Johnny LaRue

Plus many more

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse