Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams

I had a pretty vivid dream the other night and I thought I would start a thread where people could share weird/interesting ones they have had. You don't need to include personal dreams, or parts of dreams that might be too personal to want to share.

So, here goes...

In this dream it was like I was in a movie. That's the only way I can explain how it felt. In the dream, I was employed in space exploration, but I did so from Earth. I was working toward going on a space flight. However, I was feeling burned out/overworked and I was looking forward to my upcoming time off. I also had the feeling that something bad was going to happen soon. I thought I only had a couple of days to go until my time off kicked in, when my boss told me I actually had a few more months. I was crestfallen at this news.

I was being driven home after a shift, and even though I live in Vancouver in real life, we seemed to be driving on a dirt road with wheat fields around us. It was dark out, with the headlights of the car making the wheat glow. I already knew what was going to happen next, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. A very bright light appeared in front of us in the sky. The light came toward the car and seemed to stop right above the car. I even said in the dream "I knew it...they're here now." The light was some sort of alien craft.

Before I could do anything else, it felt like a huge weight was pressing me into the passenger seat. I reached over and grabbed the hand of the person who had been driving (we were stopped now). I felt like I couldn't breathe, but somehow I knew this was part of how I was going to be taken. The pressure kept building until I thought I was going to pass out in the dream. I could feel the person's hand less and less as I was being taken. Right before I disappeared from the car, I woke up. I'm pretty sure I let out a yell as I woke up. Luckily, I live alone, so I didn't wake anyone else up.

I was quite shaken and I was actually a bit scared to roll over and look around my room because for a moment I thought whatever was trying to take me in the dream would be in my room! I finally looked around and, of course, nothing was there. It took me a while to calm down again and fall back to sleep.

Now, the reason why I said it felt like I was watching myself in a movie, was that I somehow already knew there were going to be aliens in this dream when it started. Perhaps it was connected to me being involved in space exploration in the dream. Who knows?

Anyway, I'm not looking for us to analyze each others' dreams, unless someone specifically asks for that. Either this will develop into an interesting thread, or it will be extinct in a couple of days!

Does anyone ever have happy dreams?

From what I have read, dreams are the subconscious physical manifestation of some unresolved conflict in one's daily life. The settings are vaguely familiar because they have to be based on one's actual experiences, real or vividly perceived.

One never actually dies in a dream, although one may come close to it, as you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
      Does anyone ever have happy dreams?

From what I have read, dreams are the subconscious physical manifestation of some unresolved conflict in one's daily life. The settings are vaguely familiar because they have to be based on one's actual experiences, real or vividly perceived.

One never actually dies in a dream, although one may come close to it, as you did.
      Plenty of young men regularly have "happy" dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Lol

Comment

And then they wake up, lol.

Comment

Vivid dreams happens mostly during REM cycle.

One person explains dreams comparing how a disc defragmenter process works in hard drives. When that goes on, brain takes imagery and puts them into some sort of sequence to make sense of it. The dreamer gets the front row seat to the imagery and experience.
            Don't want to take this thread on a tangent but I have heard guided LSD sessions give this experience as well. I am too much of a chicken to even go near it.
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
              Vivid dreams happens mostly during REM cycle.

One person explains dreams comparing how a disc defragmenter process works in hard drives. When that goes on, brain takes imagery and puts them into some sort of sequence to make sense of it. The dreamer gets the front row seat to the imagery and experience.
              Don't want to take this thread on a tangent but I have heard guided LSD sessions give this experience as well. I am too much of a chicken to even go near it.
              ​​​​
              Rode that train a few times in my Youth. Time moves at an extremely slow pace, life is vivid, and there is no getting off the train.

Comment

Are you sure it was a dream, get a good probing?

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post
                  Are you sure it was a dream, get a good probing?
                  If a little radar dish pops out the next time he farts, he will know.

Comment

Rode that train a few times in my Youth. Time moves at an extremely slow pace, life is vivid, and there is no getting off the train.
                    hmm. is that why it is called a "trip"?

Comment

I move when I dream...alot. Sometimes kick and punch depending on what I am dreaming about. I kicked the table so hard in my sleep the other night I thought I broke a toe at first.

Comment

I very rarely remember my dreams. Not sure what that says about me? when I do remember it is usually just bits or pieces not a full storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
                          I very rarely remember my dreams. Not sure what that says about me? when I do remember it is usually just bits or pieces not a full storyline.
                          Same as I, which means you are totally normal, lol.

Comment

Tom Shepherd had a dream about each and every one of you winning a prize in the Sask Roughrider Touchdown lottery.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Same as I, which means you are totally normal, lol.
                              No it means he's the same as you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X