Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst airline experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danno View Post

How'd that work out for ya?
    I thought it was foreshadowing!!

Comment

One thing I have learned is that international flights with AC are very different than the short domestic flights in terms of service. We have had very good experiences with AC on international routes, except for their Rouge subsidiary. In that case, I guess you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

The thing that bugs me more than the airlines themselves are the other people on the plane. I take major issue with shorts and flip flops on a plane, .
        Do you have the same major issues with mini skirts and open toed shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

How'd that work out for ya?
          Not a shining moment, did I mentioned I'm divorced lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I thought it was foreshadowing!!
            Hind sight.

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

I do. I have really big thighs and wide feet. Not a good look.

Comment

Haven't had any terrible flights but a couple that weren't great:
                1. Montreal to Quebec City (or was it the other way around), a work trip when we were reorganizing the company and I was having to meet with staff to tell them their jobs had been relocated or eliminated! Anyway, flew on a tiny commuter 19 passenger Beechcraft through a horrible blizzard. It felt like we were never more than a few hundred feet off the ground and passengers were buffeted around like crazy.
                2. Might have been during the same work project as above. Flying on a Bombardier CRJ 100 jet from Toronto to Moncton, just took off from Pearson and there was a very loud BANG, like an explosion. Pilot immediate says we are returning to Pearson. Flight attendant let it slip that we had lost an engine. Landing was okay and AC put me up for the night in the Hilton!
                3. Probably the worst one was El Al from Toronto to Tel Aviv on a 767. The flight had originated at LAX and Toronto was a quick stop to board more passengers, so the plane did not get cleaned and was very full. 10 hours on a stinky crowded plane with one of the toilets full and overflowing. Not a great experience, although the preboarding interview and security screening was extremely thorough!

Comment

Originally posted by rockford35 View Post

I do. I have really big thighs and wide feet. Not a good look.
                  Just shave it down, Magilla

Comment

Not specific to any airline, but a pet peeve of mine is when booking seats and you look through the rows and everyone has already selected the outermost aisle seats with an empty middle (xx xOx xx), with the hopes that no one will sit between them or they can just switch with someone after the fact. I understand the motivation behind it, always just found it kinda scummy.
                    Last edited by Green_and_White; 02-19-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post

Same thing happened on a Westjet flight my family was taking last year. My kids were the same age as yours. On the flight in we were all together and on the flight home we were suddenly separated all over the plane. A 3 year old sitting beside strangers with his parents rows and rows away is a dumb idea on many levels. Fortunately we had enough time to find an agent that helped us out so that one parent could sit with each child.
                      You had better luck that I did - our gate person told us we would have to talk to the passengers seating around our children to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

You had better luck that I did - our gate person told us we would have to talk to the passengers seating around our children to make it work.
                        Great idea for Passenger Bill of Rights, kids cannot be seated away from parents. You don't want your kids seated elsewhere and neither do the other passengers. Airlines should have to actually do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

You could have called their bluff. Iíve been tempted to try if it happened to us. I bet if you dropped the kid off at their seat then walked away theyíd figure it out for you pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Maybe they wouldn't let cheese slices in her carry on?

Yeah, all she does is run these people down and complain about bad service.
                            Itís like the anecdote about running into a*holes everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

Lol. Yeah, it would appear squish has some issues.

Comment

Ill preface by saying I very seldom fly for business, so Iím generally in a pretty good mood and my perception reflects that Iím on holidays.

Most disturbing story was in Jamaica. We are on the runway and speeding up to take off. Suddenly we slow down quickly and the captain says ď sorry folks , a little miscommunication with the control tower, we are going to try this again.Ē Out the window we can see another plain landing right in front of us perpendicular to the path we were taking.

We we have some bad knees so generally pay the extra to have the leg room at the front of the plane. The only complaint I have, and not so much for me because I sleep like a rock, but often my daughter is in the isle seat in front of me. As we are near the front people mill around waiting for the wash room. It often looks like people think her seat back is a railing that they could win a prize if they were able to pull it right off the plane. It sucks to pay for the comfort of the space but not be able to sleep because people jerk your seat around all flight.

We did have them separate us from our kids once too. Canít remember which airline. We had pre booked and paid extra to sit together. Got our boarding passes and were all over. WTF. They announced a couple times that a 3 year old was seated away from his parents. Not one person volunteered to accommodate. They eventually got one of us beside him but it was a struggle. I watched the crowd quite closely and there were a lot of single passengers who could have easily made it work. People are funny sometimes. in the end we got where we needed to go and they refunded our payment for seat selection.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X