Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst airline experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by squish View Post

    I've had extra passes and got them in, I haven't tried to be honest when I haven't had extra passes. I know I get one guest, but I would need two.
    i didn't need any passes to take my family of four in a couple of months ago. I asked if I needed passes and they said not for immediate family travelling on the same flight. Maybe it's a level of status or the policy changed?

    Comment


    • #62
      Worst experience on an actual plane was a flight on a budget airline from Doncaster England into Spain - there was a bachelor party on the plan of about 10 guys who proceeded to get plastered, about half were at the front of the plane and half at the back - they were yelling back and forth, up and down the aisles - hitting on passengers/flight attendants the whole way - it was quite unpleasant and uncomfortable

      I’m probably in the minority here, but I have had so many issues with westjet that I try to avoid them at all costs - there customer service is terrible

      i have been “bumped” from multiple flights - but since they say they don’t oversell flights, what they do is cancel the original flight, then reseat passengers on a new flight scheduled at the same time - so you technically were not bumped, but rather not accommodated on the new flight

      i had that happen to me on a Sunday afternoon going from Calgary - Regina and the flight I got rescheduled to wasn’t until Monday morning - I had an important business meeting Monday morning so I rented a car and drove back, not only did they not pay for my incurred costs from renting a car, it was like pulling teeth to get them to refund the portion of the flight that I did not use since I drove

      Comment


      • #63
        Never had a bad West jet experience. I did get to celebrate New year's with air Canada in an airplane when The plan was to ring it in with my wife.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by go riders View Post

          i didn't need any passes to take my family of four in a couple of months ago. I asked if I needed passes and they said not for immediate family travelling on the same flight. Maybe it's a level of status or the policy changed?
          Is this the Air Canada lounge or one of the Premium lounges?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

            Is this the Air Canada lounge or one of the Premium lounges?
            Air Canada

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by danno View Post

              safimod needs to read the above post! ***

              We actually did this on our big trip last month. We had prebooked all of our seats so that we were side by side. 1 of the legs of our flight heading to Orlando was changed/moved, so we ended up changing to an easier flight plan the day before. West Jet moved us, but decided that my 3 and 7 year old can definitely sit on their own (not even together) with neither parent near them (nearest adult in our group was 9 rows away from 1 kid and 11 from the other... We were not impressed. (We did end up getting to sit next to our kids thanks to awesome passengers, but it was a nice amount of stress worrying about it until they moved.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Sprout View Post

                I am surprised by the service you get. I never got anything like that, anywhere, anytime, but then old broads are disregarded, even though we paid the same fare as anyone else.

                Maybe it was because I was more interested in finding a place to smoke after 8 hours on a plane. Dunno if it is still true, but Helsinki Vantaa had a couple of well ventilated smoking lounges past security. They cater very intensely to the Chinese trade, which i understand would have a huge fit if smoking were banned past security.
                You seem to have many stories of bad service from multiple places. Have you ever considered the common denominator in all those interactions?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by safimod View Post


                  We actually did this on our big trip last month. We had prebooked all of our seats so that we were side by side. 1 of the legs of our flight heading to Orlando was changed/moved, so we ended up changing to an easier flight plan the day before. West Jet moved us, but decided that my 3 and 7 year old can definitely sit on their own (not even together) with neither parent near them (nearest adult in our group was 9 rows away from 1 kid and 11 from the other... We were not impressed. (We did end up getting to sit next to our kids thanks to awesome passengers, but it was a nice amount of stress worrying about it until they moved.
                  Same thing happened on a Westjet flight my family was taking last year. My kids were the same age as yours. On the flight in we were all together and on the flight home we were suddenly separated all over the plane. A 3 year old sitting beside strangers with his parents rows and rows away is a dumb idea on many levels. Fortunately we had enough time to find an agent that helped us out so that one parent could sit with each child.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by go riders View Post

                    Air Canada
                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

                      You seem to have many stories of bad service from multiple places. Have you ever considered the common denominator in all those interactions?
                      Maybe they wouldn't let cheese slices in her carry on?

                      Yeah, all she does is run these people down and complain about bad service.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        On a trip to Cuba the flight was delayed as they waited for a bridesmaid to arrive. We were sitting on the plane and overheard the head flight attendant tell one of her crew. "She hasn't left her apartment yet." Instead of leaving her behind they waited for her to arrive, she was very hungover and was a complete diva.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                          Yeah, all she does is run these people down and complain about bad service.
                          That's what I was commenting on with this.

                          Originally posted by go riders View Post

                          Given the fact this is how you often speak of people in the service industry, I'm not surprised that what you get rarely lives up to your expectations..

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Not a horrible experience, but a bad one. My parents used to winter in Texas and I'd visit them every year. Not easy getting to and from Texas from Regina. One trip I had to come back through Houston, Montreal and Toronto. There was a storm in Montreal and we were cutting it close for the connection. I got to the gate about 20 minutes before departure, but I wasn't let on the plane because there wasn't enough time to get my baggage from one plane to the other, and I couldn't fly without my baggage. After arguing for a bit, I grab their essentials package and head to the hotel. My new flight was at 10am the next morning. At 6 am my cell phone rings. It's the Regina airport telling me that I forgot to pick up my baggage last night and when could I come pick it up. So I couldn't fly without my baggage, but my baggage could fly without me. Just weird.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by safimod View Post


                              We actually did this on our big trip last month. We had prebooked all of our seats so that we were side by side. 1 of the legs of our flight heading to Orlando was changed/moved, so we ended up changing to an easier flight plan the day before. West Jet moved us, but decided that my 3 and 7 year old can definitely sit on their own (not even together) with neither parent near them (nearest adult in our group was 9 rows away from 1 kid and 11 from the other... We were not impressed. (We did end up getting to sit next to our kids thanks to awesome passengers, but it was a nice amount of stress worrying about it until they moved.
                              Ah ok, I wondered why you wouldn't have preselected to keep your fam together. But it was the changed flight that screwed up the seating assignments .... unbelievable they would do that with a 3 year old!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                                Never had a bad West jet experience. I did get to celebrate New year's with air Canada in an airplane when The plan was to ring it in with my wife.
                                How'd that work out for ya?

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X