Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunwing or Air Transat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never understand the need to pay extra money for priority boarding , like the plane isnít leaving without you your still gonna get on , also paying another $50 each way for seat selection your gonna get a seat . Itís just a big cash grab

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
      I could never understand the need to pay extra money for priority boarding , like the plane isnít leaving without you your still gonna get on , also paying another $50 each way for seat selection your gonna get a seat . Itís just a big cash grab
      It has been multiple years since I flew. Maybe four or more. I have one carryon that does not fit well over head although it passes check points. If it don`t barge on early to get it into overhead, my storage is limited. It does not always fit under the seat in front of me.

In my experience, planes carry a lot of people who just don`t give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

It has been multiple years since I flew. Maybe four or more. I have one carryon that does not fit well over head although it passes check points. If it don`t barge on early to get it into overhead, my storage is limited. It does not always fit under the seat in front of me.

In my experience, planes carry a lot of people who just don`t give a damn.
        I never travel with a carryon , I have 1 checked bag so never worry haha

Comment

When I have travelled with luggage, it is all for the family. So i use checked and carryon to maximize what I cn bring on board.

Otherwise it would cost $50 to ship.

Comment

I'm the opposite, I usually travel for a business trip with a carry on and no checked. I'm not one of those aholes that fills up the bins though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Not a shot against you personally but this has always fascinated me. Why does everyone rush to get on the same plane they are complaining on being on too long? The only thing I can think of is access to an overhead bin. I pop in line until the last call line is pretty much empty then just stroll on in. What's the panic?
              I know. Thatís my thing too. Could care less how early I get on, but I prefer near the front so I can get up and out quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I know. Thatís my thing too. Could care less how early I get on, but I prefer near the front so I can get up and out quicker.
                I get off the plane when the herd is done pushing and tripping over one another. Much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Not a shot against you personally but this has always fascinated me. Why does everyone rush to get on the same plane they are complaining on being on too long? The only thing I can think of is access to an overhead bin. I pop in line until the last call line is pretty much empty then just stroll on in. What's the panic?
                  The priority boarding is just one perk thatís included. I get what youíre saying. When I was a single man, Iíd probably be one of the last 10 on. The wife likes to get on early. She gets settled and pulls out a 100 things from her carry on that she might need on the flight (iPad, headphones, book, snack, pen, and on and on). She also only wants to sit by the window so she doesnít want to have to get the other seat mate to get up to let her in. Me being the great partner i am, I accompany her onto the plane. She also has a thing about sitting by the window and only sitting beside me, so we pay for our seats so we get what we want. But Iíll admit Iím that guy. As soon as we land and the seatbelt sign goes off, Iím standing up and ready to roll. I hate waiting to get off the plane.

I also hate waiting behind a large group to check in. With priority check in, there usually isnít more than a couple people in front of us. Flew to Vegas in December and got behind 3 hockey teams flying down for a tournament. 100 teenagers each checking their own equipment. It was painful.

So for $100/each it isnít too much of a cost for the conscience. Throw in a free sandwich and a beer. Sign me up!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X