Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunwing or Air Transat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had really great experience flying around Australia in Qantas, everything from check-in, to security to in flight service puts every other airline I have ever been on to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
      Had really great experience flying around Australia in Qantas, everything from check-in, to security to in flight service puts every other airline I have ever been on to shame.
      Ya I have heard they are very good

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

The wife and I had flown out to Vancouver for a week and we went into the rental car place to get our rental. We walk in to find this American guy just berating this little girl behind the counter. After he left, I went up to the counter and she asked me if she could help me. When I got up there she had tears in her eyes and I said never mind me, how are you. I told her to come around the counter and I gave her a big hug and told her that thankfully everyone is not like that boor. Got her back behind the counter and then she upgraded us from a compact car to a Ford Escape.
        Most of my flying has been milk runs, earlier it was NW from Regina to minnie, the later runs was Regina to Calgary. I always thought while talking to the agent that neither one of us wants to be up at this time of the morning so the least I can do is try to be pleasant. At the time there was no upgrades on Westjet but on NW there was.

Side story the last flight I was on there were a bunch of Chinese kids behind us while deboarding. I know it is a cultural thing but they decided to rush from the back of the plane to get off. I got mad and put my arm on the two rows between us and said "wait!" I'm thinking you are in Canada now might as well learn some respect and order.

Comment

I wonder how all those missionaries from Alberta enjoyed their emergency flight from Haiti today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
            Seems apropos to drop this in here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericros.../#464ceb3d470f

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
              I wonder how all those missionaries from Alberta enjoyed their emergency flight from Haiti today?
              I thought missionaries would stay to help out ....

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

I thought missionaries would stay to help out ....
                They got flown out today , must of been too dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiddy View Post
                  We donít fly Sunwing. I find their planes too small (but that was 12yrs ago). We always try to fly Air Transat. We live around Lloydminster so we go to either Edmonton or Calgary. We always book Option Plus with them. I think itís an extra $100 but you get seat selection, luggage, priority check in, priority boarding, priority bags when departing, and a free menu item and alcohol drink. The priority check in is worth it alone. Last time we flew them, there was about 75ppl in front of us but the priority check in was empty.

Flying with them to Cancun in March. Saved $500/person by flying Air Transat out of Calgary instead of Westjet out of Edmonton.
                  What all do you get for option plus

Comment

They got flown out today , must of been too dangerous
                    I was being sarcastic ....

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                      Just finalizing the booking on a two week excursion to Peebles coinciding with a Sous Vide Convention. Plan on flying Uber Air.
                      I've been told Air Lyft is miles above Uber Air and the Sous Vide convention is not so hot, sorta lukewarm.

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

I've been told Air Lyft is miles above Uber Air and the Sous Vide convention is not so hot, sorta lukewarm.
                        The Sous Vide Convention is just a front for the real highlight of the trip which is "The Changing of the Guard" at Betty's Bordello.

Will try Air Lyft while attending the world famous "Running with the Coyotes" event next fall. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

What all do you get for option plus
                          You get seat selection, luggage, priority check in, priority boarding, priority bags when departing, and a free menu item and alcohol drink. The priority check in is worth it alone. Last time we flew them, there was about 75ppl in front of us but the priority check in was empty.

Comment

You get seat selection, luggage, priority check in, priority boarding, priority bags when departing, and a free menu item and alcohol drink. The priority check in is worth it alone. Last time we flew them, there was about 75ppl in front of us but the priority check in was empty.
                            Cool ! So how many free beers do u get?

Comment

Not a shot against you personally but this has always fascinated me. Why does everyone rush to get on the same plane they are complaining on being on too long? The only thing I can think of is access to an overhead bin. I pop in line until the last call line is pretty much empty then just stroll on in. What's the panic?

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Not a shot against you personally but this has always fascinated me. Why does everyone rush to get on the same plane they are complaining on being on too long? The only thing I can think of is access to an overhead bin. I pop in line until the last call line is pretty much empty then just stroll on in. What's the panic?
                                The bolded for a lot of people. I have seen people rush on the plane and then fill 3 overhead bins with their stuff. Sometimes they take the space above other peoples' seats. I can't believe the balls on some people for doing this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X