Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunwing or Air Transat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squish View Post
    I had a nice Lufthansa trip home from Frankfurt and Amsterdam a couple years ago. Itís the German version of Air Canada basically. Good on international flights but pretty normal on domestic.
    Agreed.

We've flown some higher end fairs and some lower end, but bang for your buck we feel they are solid.
    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

Have not experienced Heathrow, but my worst experiences have been at JFK, LaGuardia, and O'Hare. I don't mind Pearson since they added the new terminal and the tram shuttle. Old terminal 2 was the very worst though!

Best airport experiences have been Zurich, Hong Kong, and Narita.

Generally, I find Canadian airports more acceptable than US airports. And AC and WJ are both outstanding compared to United!
      Only flown United once, and of course had to make an unscheduled stop somewhere in bum **** Pennsylvania. Dirtiest airplane I've ever been on. Shortly after take off they tell us that there was a "problem" with the forward lavatory, I'm not sure if that is why we had to divert or not.

Comment

This thread has gone a bit sideways, I'll start another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Agreed.

We've flown some higher end fairs and some lower end, but bang for your buck we feel they are solid.
          Best airline I have flown on was SwissAir, from Montreal to Zurich. Travelling in economy, but they make it feel better than that!
          Best of the new lo-cost no frills carriers, definitely Peach Air in Japan, Osaka to Hong Kong for about $200 CAD all in, nice new plane and friendly staff.
          Having said that, I feel we are fortunate to have 2 good carriers in Canada with AC and WJ. A little more competition would be good, but I just don't think we have enough people and spread across such huge distances.

Comment

Best airline I have flown on was SwissAir, from Montreal to Zurich. Travelling in economy, but they make it feel better than that!
            Best of the new lo-cost no frills carriers, definitely Peach Air in Japan, Osaka to Hong Kong for about $200 CAD all in, nice new plane and friendly staff.
            Having said that, I feel we are fortunate to have 2 good carriers in Canada with AC and WJ. A little more competition would be good, but I just don't think we have enough people and spread across such huge distances.
            Mine was an Air France flight from JFK to Charles de Gaulle. It was on a Concorde and that preflight lounge at JFK was something else, not to mention the food and service in flight. As a 12 year old kid, I got spend a good half hour in the cockpit. An experience I will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Mine was an Air France flight from JFK to Charles de Gaulle. It was on a Concorde and that preflight lounge at JFK was something else, not to mention the food and service in flight. As a 12 year old kid, I got spend a good half hour in the cockpit. An experience I will never forget.
              That is cool, I've never had that experience.

Comment

You flew on the Concorde??? You elitist snob, you!!!!!

Comment

You flew on the Concorde??? You elitist snob, you!!!!!
                  Believe me, it was a once in a lifetime thing! Sure as hell couldn't afford to fly 1st class now.!

Comment

Believe me, it was a once in a lifetime thing! Sure as hell couldn't afford to fly 1st class now.!
                    Because of my height, I have great difficulty with flights GT 6 hours in the cattle car, so I am pretty much forced to pay for the so called Economy Plus seats, or pay the extra for exit rows. But Business Class is just crazy expensive, so I am not willing to bite the bullet on those seats.

Comment

Because of my height, I have great difficulty with flights GT 6 hours in the cattle car, so I am pretty much forced to pay for the so called Economy Plus seats, or pay the extra for exit rows. But Business Class is just crazy expensive, so I am not willing to bite the bullet on those seats.
                      That is exactly how I described the charter airlines where they have so many seats jammed into the cabin... flying cattle cars. I don't like being squished!

Comment

That is exactly how I described the charter airlines where they have so many seats jammed into the cabin... flying cattle cars. I don't like being squished!
                        And you are just a little guy!

Comment

And you are just a little guy!
                          Shorter, yeah but I used to be a lot wider too. I was 5'10 and 305 lbs. Kinda like Mao, but taller.

Comment

It's all but gone now with Kiosks but a few years ago all you had to do was be polite and charming with the check in agent if they had first class seats available you have a good chance of being bumped up. Same works at rental car companies. They have a lot of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

It's all but gone now with Kiosks but a few years ago all you had to do was be polite and charming with the check in agent if they had first class seats available you have a good chance of being bumped up. Same works at rental car companies. They have a lot of power.
                              The wife and I had flown out to Vancouver for a week and we went into the rental car place to get our rental. We walk in to find this American guy just berating this little girl behind the counter. After he left, I went up to the counter and she asked me if she could help me. When I got up there she had tears in her eyes and I said never mind me, how are you. I told her to come around the counter and I gave her a big hug and told her that thankfully everyone is not like that boor. Got her back behind the counter and then she upgraded us from a compact car to a Ford Escape.

Comment

Aer Lingus is a good airline

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X