Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunwing or Air Transat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

We've always really liked lufthansa for European destinations
    Haven't done Lufthansa, but I can recommend KLM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
      Haven't done Lufthansa, but I can recommend KLM.
      I have flown Lufthansa but it was so long ago it is totally irrelevant. But it was good back in 1978.

The last time we went to Scotland (2011) it was Thomas Cook in conjunction with Air Transat from Calgary to Glasgow. Nothing special but we got there and back. Was my first and hopefully last experience with a charter airline.
      Last edited by Tyree; 02-17-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I had a nice Lufthansa trip home from Frankfurt and Amsterdam a couple years ago. Itís the German version of Air Canada basically. Good on international flights but pretty normal on domestic.

Comment

I think OP just wants a way to say he's going south in a couple of weeks. I don't think anyone would pick Sunwing over Air Transat.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
            I think OP just wants a way to say he's going south in a couple of weeks. I don't think anyone would pick Sunwing over Air Transat.
            To me it is like choosing between rat poison and slitting your wrists. I am not very fond of the charters and have found that there are not much for savings in comparison to the scheduled airlines. Generally, if you avoid any American airline you will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

To me it is like choosing between rat poison and slitting your wrists. I am not very fond of the charters and have found that there are not much for savings in comparison to the scheduled airlines. Generally, if you avoid any American airline you will do well.
              Delta is ok but I canít believe United is still allowed to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                Well actually I would have picked Transat but they were more money , and no itís not because I am going that I started this thread . Just curious on other peopleís thoughts

Comment

If available, I would pay more to fly Westjet than either of the charters you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                    If available, I would pay more to fly Westjet than either of the charters you mention.
                    Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Delta is ok but I canít believe United is still allowed to operate.
                      I would actually need to make an exception to my previous statement as I think Alaskan Airways is the best of a bad bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        As an example if I was to fly to Cuba with Transat instead of Sunwing my cost is $2400 plus tax per person .
                        i payed $1270 incl tax per person with Sunwing I canít afford Transat
                        Last edited by Unityriderguy; 02-17-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Me too.
                          Air Canada does travel packages too. I did one about 8 years ago. Kicker is you have to connect in Toronto which normally wouldn't be a problem. Our flight out of Regina was delayed several hours so we missed our connection. Well the lady in Toronto was a complete B****, Why did you come here if you knew you were going to miss your connection! I'm like I dunno because that is what the person at Air Canada vacations told us to do? The lady in Regina was nice as could be and actually upgraded us to first class. So we got a hotel at the airport and flew out the next morning. They did extend our stay at the hotel a day because we lost a day. Second worst customer service at an airline I've ever had in TO. Like I said if our flight hadn't been delayed in Toronto it would have gone off without a hitch.

Despite that I would use them again over a charter. if going somewhere on the Atlantic side, you are at least going east to Toronto so you aren't really putting on many more miles in the air. I'd rather sit in Pearson for a few hours then sit on a hellish charter direct.
                          Last edited by Sofaking; 02-17-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Air Canada does travel packages too. I did one about 8 years ago. Kicker is you have to connect in Toronto which normally wouldn't be a problem. Our flight out of Regina was delayed several hours so we missed our connection. Well the lady in Toronto was a complete B****, Why did you come here if you knew you were going to miss your connection! I'm like I dunno because that is what the person at Air Canada vacations told us to do who was nice as could be and actually upgraded us to first class. So we got a hotel at the airport and flew out the next morning. They did extend our stay at the hotel a day because we lost a day. Second worst customer service at an airline I've ever had in TO. Like I said if our flight hadn't been delayed in Toronto it would have gone off without a hitch.

Despite that I would use them again over a charter. if going somewhere on the Atlantic side, you are at least going east to Toronto so you aren't really putting on many more miles in the air. I'd rather sit in Pearson for a few hours then sit on a hellish charter direct.
                            I try to avoid Pearson and Heathrow as much as humanly possible.

Comment

Pearson doesn't bother me, (or didn't before I got sick). Never been to Heathrow but had to go to Ohare a couple times. Holy crap is that place big. I looked at a map before I left to see where to go from the gate to customs. It didn't look that far on a map, that place has to be half the size of Regina!

Comment

Have not experienced Heathrow, but my worst experiences have been at JFK, LaGuardia, and O'Hare. I don't mind Pearson since they added the new terminal and the tram shuttle. Old terminal 2 was the very worst though!

Best airport experiences have been Zurich, Hong Kong, and Narita.

Generally, I find Canadian airports more acceptable than US airports. And AC and WJ are both outstanding compared to United!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X