Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunwing or Air Transat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunwing or Air Transat

We have always flown with Sunwing, and are flying with them once again on the 27th when we go to Cuba. Always wondered what the difference is or is there any, noticed Air Transat doesnít fly out of Saskatchewan at all .

I've flown on both once. Air Transat was much better, having said that this was over a decade ago.

Comment

We donít fly Sunwing. I find their planes too small (but that was 12yrs ago). We always try to fly Air Transat. We live around Lloydminster so we go to either Edmonton or Calgary. We always book Option Plus with them. I think itís an extra $100 but you get seat selection, luggage, priority check in, priority boarding, priority bags when departing, and a free menu item and alcohol drink. The priority check in is worth it alone. Last time we flew them, there was about 75ppl in front of us but the priority check in was empty.

Flying with them to Cancun in March. Saved $500/person by flying Air Transat out of Calgary instead of Westjet out of Edmonton.

Comment

We went with Transat a couple of times. Always had a good experience. The upgraded seating is worth every penny.

Comment

Transat. Is it possible to fly that from Regina at all anymore?

Comment

Sunwing blows chunks....But they seem to hsve exclusive rights to alot of top resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiddy View Post
              We donít fly Sunwing. I find their planes too small (but that was 12yrs ago). We always try to fly Air Transat. We live around Lloydminster so we go to either Edmonton or Calgary. We always book Option Plus with them. I think itís an extra $100 but you get seat selection, luggage, priority check in, priority boarding, priority bags when departing, and a free menu item and alcohol drink. The priority check in is worth it alone. Last time we flew them, there was about 75ppl in front of us but the priority check in was empty.

Flying with them to Cancun in March. Saved $500/person by flying Air Transat out of Calgary instead of Westjet out of Edmonton.
              Me too and I'm a skinny guy. Last time being a smoker and in the middle of a nicotine fit and being chlaustraphobic I couldn't get out of that thing fast enough, and at the time I flew a lot. Again a decade ago so take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Transat is good but buy the upgrade Option Plus if you can. Definitely worth it. We flew with Sunwing a couple months ago because Transat didn't go to the resort but it was fine though. Smaller planes and more basic but passable.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                  Transat. Is it possible to fly that from Regina at all anymore?
                  Nope Transat doesnít fly out of sask , thatís why I havenít flown with them . I donít see driving all the way to Edmonton to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Nope Transat doesnít fly out of sask , thatís why I havenít flown with them . I donít see driving all the way to Edmonton to fly
                    Weíre driving 5hrs to Calgary vs 3hrs to Edmonton and saving $1000 on flights. Couple hours longer in the car is worth $1000 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post
                      Transat is good but buy the upgrade Option Plus if you can. Definitely worth it. We flew with Sunwing a couple months ago because Transat didn't go to the resort but it was fine though. Smaller planes and more basic but passable.
                      ^^^ this. Went to Europe on transat, did the option plus and it was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiddy View Post

Weíre driving 5hrs to Calgary vs 3hrs to Edmonton and saving $1000 on flights. Couple hours longer in the car is worth $1000 to me.
                        Oh wow, thatís a good savings I donít blame you then. We are going to Cuba on the 27th and when I was researching prices it was actually cheaper to fly with Sunwing then Transat plus we had to drive

Comment

Just finalizing the booking on a two week excursion to Peebles coinciding with a Sous Vide Convention. Plan on flying Uber Air.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

We've always really liked lufthansa for European destinations
                            #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

Same here -- though that was many years ago now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X